Illegal's- A solution?

29 Jan 2011 22:32 #1 by DaffyDick
First of all, we have to determine which citizens are legal and which are illegal. A national ID card would solve the problem. In order to obtain a national ID card, everyone must provide a copy of their birth certificate proving that they were born in the US, or a copy of their naturalization papers if they entered the US via legal means. Temporary cards could be issued for those born outside of the US but are here legally on a temporary basis for educational purposes.

If a person is here illegally, they should be deported, their personal and real estate property should be seized by the Federal Government and sold to the highest bidder in order to fund their deportation.

Employee background checks should be a requirement for any employee hire regardless of the size of the employer firm, from a database provided free of charge from the Federal Government. If you don’t have a Federal Government issued ID, you don’t have a chance of a job.

Any employer who hires someone without a Federal Government issued ID, should be heavily fined. If a mortgage company issues a loan to anyone without a Federal Government issued ID, they should be heavily fined. If any hospital or any health care facility should provide service to anyone without a Federal Government issued ID, they should be heavily fined. Only those with a Federal Government issued ID will be allowed to vote in any local, state, or national election.

How’s that? Is that a solution?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Jan 2011 22:56 #2 by archer
Replied by archer on topic Illegal's- A solution?
the medical part worries me....will you really expect the American people to watch people in accidents, or severely wounded, die on the streets because they are illegal? I don't think the American people have the stomach for that. I'm not sure many doctors have the desire to turn away someone in dire need of medical attention because they don't have their federal ID. The rest of your ideas could be doable.

29 Jan 2011 23:23 #3 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic Illegal's- A solution?
It sounds like you are describing a police state to me. Or at least a good start.

Why not just close the border and enforce the laws we have.

29 Jan 2011 23:46 #4 by archer

neptunechimney wrote: It sounds like you are describing a police state to me. Or at least a good start.

I think most people recognize that to close the borders it is going to get ugly and expensive. I watched a program tonight on border crossings, we would need thousands of agents on the border to be effective, and still people will find a way to cross....and when they fail, they try again. It's easy to say just close the border......but not so easy in practice. Then we have those already here....how do we deal with that? That too will get ugly and expensive unless you want some sort of amnesty program for them.

It's no wonder no one in government wants to tackle the problem.....it's so complex, and so costly, and could lead to a lot of violence......

I can see no solutions, though they keep trying to address it here in AZ....those are bandaids put on an open wound, and for all the fear of crime and violence from illegals....here in Phoenix, with an enormous illegal polulation that grows every day, crime is going down and has hit the lowest level in 20 years.

question....how do we actually CLOSE such a huge border? Any ideas?

30 Jan 2011 04:59 #5 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic Illegal's- A solution?

archer wrote:

neptunechimney wrote: It sounds like you are describing a police state to me. Or at least a good start.

I think most people recognize that to close the borders it is going to get ugly and expensive. I watched a program tonight on border crossings, we would need thousands of agents on the border to be effective, and still people will find a way to cross....and when they fail, they try again. It's easy to say just close the border......but not so easy in practice. Then we have those already here....how do we deal with that? That too will get ugly and expensive unless you want some sort of amnesty program for them.

?

First we have to want to close the border. How long ago did we put a man on the moon? I do not think it has to be 100%, just make it difficult and costly. What is the cost of not doing it?
Once we have done that, some type of amnesty program is absolutely an option.

"
Ten of the Sentinel gliders could provide stealthy surveillance of the entire border, for roughly $10 million -- while DHS wants 23 Predators to do that job, at a cost of at least $200 million over five years. Although Sentinel could be fully operational in 18 months, DHS won't even consider the idea.

The department's problems have nothing to do with which party is in power. Back in 2007, it admitted having made little headway in solving the communications "inter-operability" problems that plagued police and firefighters on 9/11. Yet it continues to waste millions on expensive, top-down, technical "solutions" to deeply embedded organizational and cultural problems.

DHS' own audit recently found that the process of providing intelligence reports to local police "fusion centers" is so slow that the information is largely worthless when it arrives. The main culprit: "the lengthy DHS headquarters review process."

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/op ... z1CWFJWaXt

30 Jan 2011 08:05 #6 by major bean
Replied by major bean on topic Illegal's- A solution?

archer wrote: I think most people recognize that to close the borders it is going to get ugly and expensive. I watched a program tonight on border crossings, we would need thousands of agents on the border to be effective, and still people will find a way to cross....and when they fail, they try again. It's easy to say just close the border......but not so easy in practice. Then we have those already here....how do we deal with that? That too will get ugly and expensive unless you want some sort of amnesty program for them.

It's no wonder no one in government wants to tackle the problem.....it's so complex, and so costly, and could lead to a lot of violence......

I can see no solutions, though they keep trying to address it here in AZ....those are bandaids put on an open wound, and for all the fear of crime and violence from illegals....here in Phoenix, with an enormous illegal polulation that grows every day, crime is going down and has hit the lowest level in 20 years.

question....how do we actually CLOSE such a huge border? Any ideas?

Hand wringing never solved any problem. The problems are not so daunting as we are lead to believe by the liberal media.

Let us assign a liberal benefit to closing the border: it would create millions of government jobs and boost the economy. (A little humor, there.)

Regards,
Major Bean

30 Jan 2011 19:51 #7 by Pony Soldier
Replied by Pony Soldier on topic Illegal's- A solution?
If you have to tell people that its humor, it probably wasn't funny.

30 Jan 2011 21:30 #8 by Surveyor
Replied by Surveyor on topic Illegal's- A solution?
A national ID is not a solution. It is an invasion of privacy and further erosion of our freedoms. We already have social security cards that are supposed to be the card without which we cannot get jobs. That's really working, isn't it?

We have passports too--more of a national ID than anything. Reading the "solution" offered in the beginning of this thread, I wonder if we should also start speaking German and pledge absolute allegiance to the president. The parallel is frightening sometimes.

We need to find a way to lessen the incentive for the illegal immigration. Don't know how to do that with the demand for illegal drugs here at all levels of our society. As for getting work, what work? We can't find jobs and, I suspect, neither can a lot of the illegals coming in. If you read about what they go through to get here, you have to wonder what the incentive is because the crossing is no picnic. Remove that incentive to start a solution rolling. One thing that I think we should do is permanently remove the traffickers--the "coyotes" as they are known.

30 Jan 2011 21:38 #9 by major bean
Replied by major bean on topic Illegal's- A solution?

towermonkey wrote: If you have to tell people that its humor, it probably wasn't funny.

What makes it scary is that there are those who would believe the logic of it. (no humor, there)

Regards,
Major Bean

30 Jan 2011 21:41 #10 by archer

major bean wrote: [Hand wringing never solved any problem. The problems are not so daunting as we are lead to believe by the liberal media.

Really? Then why hasn't anyone come up with a viable solution yet? You seem to think it can be done, care to enlighten us with your solution? Or are you just putting stuff out there with no substance to back it up

Time to create page: 0.173 seconds