Meet The Liberal Elite!

31 Jan 2011 17:32 #1 by Nmysys
[youtube:3w2wcys9]
[/youtube:3w2wcys9]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Feb 2011 09:58 #2 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Meet The Liberal Elite!
Nmysys, do you truly believe this to be so, or are you posting this as humor, or to create controversy and hits? This type of topic isn't suitable for the Courthouse -which is meant for discussion and debate, not mudslinging - it should go in the Ring.

At the 12:10 mark:
"Everyone in America would be a liberal if only they weren't so dumb."
"You think everyone in the country is dumb."
"No, only the people who disagree with me."

This video is full of ridiculous assumptions like this. Not all intellectuals are liberal, and not all non-intellectuals are conservative; not all liberals are intolerant or close-minded, and not all conservatives are tolerant and open-minded. Stereotypes only foster misunderstandings, and perpetuating them fosters intolerance and hatred. Why continue to post stuff that is divisive - we will never solve our problems that way, only make things worse. You yourself are active in trying to make a difference and change things for the better, yet you alienate people with messages like this video. It's illogical and self-defeating.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberal_elite

The term liberal elite is a political phrase to describe affluent, politically liberal-leaning people. It is commonly used with the pejorative implication that the people who claim to support the rights of the working class are themselves members of the upper class, or upper middle class, and are therefore out of touch with the real needs of the people they claim to support and protect.

Possible or even probable, but I'd argue that rich conservatives are out of touch with most Americans too.

Thus the phrase liberal elite suggests that liberals are unpatriotic, because they like other cultures and are disdainful of American life and culture.

Really? Then why do supposed liberal elites, like George Soros for example (according to conservatives, b/c liberals don't use the term liberal elite), try so hard to change America for what they see as better? If they truly hated America, wouldn't they just move? Just because you don't agree with his version of a better America doesn't make him unpatriotic.

American intellectuals, most of whom are upper middle class not upper class,[11] are primarily liberal. Fully 72% of professors identify themselves as liberals. At Ivy League Universities, an even larger majority, 87% of professors identified themselves as liberals.[12] Those with post-graduate degrees are increasingly Democratic.[13][14][15][16] Thus the characterization of liberal elite carries the implication that too much education puts people out of touch with "real Americans".

So getting an education and bettering your position in life, achieving the "American Dream" is for liberals only, and is derided? That makes no sense and I would argue is an unpatriotic attitude.
http://www.enotes.com/soc/group/discuss ... y-do-12015

'Liberal Elite' is a term of abuse created by conservatives to try to instil the idea that a self serving ruling class distorts the will of the non-liberal people. Put simply the accusation is that the public are very right wing and their political desires are thwarted by a ruthless bunch of educated liberals. The aim of this ludicrous nonsense is to make uneducated people suspicious and paranoid of educated liberals and to mistrust intellectual opinions, (which are generally tolerant, secular and liberal.)

This argument has more holes in it than Bonny and Clyde's getaway car, but the most ridiculous one is the obvious implied rejection of education... if educated people are all liberals and all liberals are part of an elite opposed to the American people, then we can infer that education is unamerican.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

01 Feb 2011 10:33 #3 by Nmysys
Replied by Nmysys on topic Meet The Liberal Elite!
SC:

You can argue with this video using your left wing based information all you like, but yes, I do believe there is a class of people in this country who think they know better than everyone else, education aside, and are Liberal Elite. There are a number on this forum. When and if the moderators of 285Bound decide this should go in the Ring, then I am sure that is where they will put it. Meanwhile as far as I am concerned, it belongs right here.

Since this huge percentage of highly educated people are known as Liberals, maybe you should look at the fact that they were taught this attitude and philosophy by Liberal Professors who have dominated the world of Academia for a long time. Maybe therein lies the problem, indoctrination into the Liberal Arts and Liberal mentality that has spawned this Progressive movement that is slowly but surely eating away at the foundation of this country and all it has stood for for over 234 years. It is teaching the youth of America IMO many things that it shouldn't even be involved in, sex education and handing out condoms in elementary school, Divisiveness under the guise of humanity, the need to be on the government dole, praise for Obama in song. Revolutionary crap from the days of Che Guavara, praise for Castro, Chavez, etc. It is indoctrination and all along it is turning this country into a third world country by destroying our economy, printing money, lies, cheating, stealing the American Dream, justifying open borders, hate speech by People like LJ and Democratic Senators alike, still after it was proven that the shooter in Arizona was from the left, the attacks continue, but post this and you Elitists complain. WRONG!!!!!

01 Feb 2011 10:34 #4 by Nmysys
Subject: Fairy Tale

I met a fairy today that would grant me one wish.
"I want to live forever," I said.
"Sorry" said the fairy, "I'm not allowed to grant wishes like that!"
"Fine," I said, "I want to die after the Democrats get their heads
out of their asses!"
"You crafty bastard," said the fairy.

01 Feb 2011 10:38 #5 by LadyJazzer
Replied by LadyJazzer on topic Meet The Liberal Elite!
"after it was proven that the shooter in Arizona was from the left, the attacks continue"

You're a liar...

01 Feb 2011 10:43 #6 by Nmysys
Which part is a lie, Looney Jerk, that he was of the left or that you and many others have continued the attacks???????

01 Feb 2011 10:49 #7 by outdoor338
Replied by outdoor338 on topic Meet The Liberal Elite!
LJ, you keep spewing your lies, you have been beaten down with the untruths you spread about the AZ shooting with facts, yet you get up and vomit more lies after lies, you should go back and hide under the rock you came from...

01 Feb 2011 10:56 - 01 Feb 2011 11:26 #8 by daisypusher
Replied by daisypusher on topic Meet The Liberal Elite!

Science Chic wrote:

Thus the phrase liberal elite suggests that liberals are unpatriotic, because they like other cultures and are disdainful of American life and culture.

Really? Then why do supposed liberal elites, like George Soros for example (according to conservatives, b/c liberals don't use the term liberal elite), try so hard to change America for what they see as better? If they truly hated America, wouldn't they just move? Just because you don't agree with his version of a better America doesn't make him unpatriotic.

"try[ing] so hard to change America for what they see as better"?

This is so ironic. Doesn't this confirm the purported aspects of "Liberal Elites" in the video? Wasn't that almost the entire point of the video and the reason they are called disparagingly "elite"? And is not the stereotype that Liberals do not like America as it is (thus hate it), so they are trying to change it? And why? Because they think they know better? :wink: :pop

01 Feb 2011 11:23 #9 by LadyJazzer
Replied by LadyJazzer on topic Meet The Liberal Elite!

Nmysys wrote: Which part is a lie, Looney Jerk, that he was of the left or that you and many others have continued the attacks???????

I quoted the part that was the lie... You got a problem with reading comprehension?

01 Feb 2011 11:29 #10 by Pony Soldier
Stupid video.

Time to create page: 0.169 seconds