Meet The Liberal Elite!

01 Feb 2011 13:28 #21 by RivendaleFarms
My point in showing the definition was that there are varying definitions/levels of the word treason - either #2 or #3 would apply in the Plame matter. I have no clue on your level of intelligence or education. (Just as you have no clue regarding mine.)

Sally Ball, Broker Associate
Keller Williams Foothills Realty
P: 303-838-3000 C: 303-506-7405
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
rivendalefarmandranch.com/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Feb 2011 13:35 #22 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Meet The Liberal Elite!

Nmysys wrote: So, again in your opinion, you believe that Libby and/or Rove, had orders to out Valerie Plame as a CIA agent?

Thanks for the Elite lesson for today of the meaning of Treason, we of the lesser intelligence and education, are highly appreciative, seeing as how we don't know the way to look up a word in the dictionary.

Your answer somehow rang true as to the title of this thread, no offense intended, as we are all just trying to get along here. We must maintain civility, mustn't we?

Funny how you're the one sounding condescending and arrogant here...turning liberal elitist, according to your definition, are you Nmysys?! :wink:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

01 Feb 2011 13:40 #23 by Nmysys
Replied by Nmysys on topic Meet The Liberal Elite!
I do have plenty to mimic here, don't I?

It's so cold, Hickenlooper has his hands in his OWN pockets.

01 Feb 2011 14:14 #24 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Meet The Liberal Elite!
I personally thought the video was thought provoking. I see so much name calling back and forth. I would love to hear real discussion on what you feel your real beliefs are. Give us your platform of who you are politically. Both sides. I would love to hear it.

I will tell you what I believe a bit later, working today. :)

01 Feb 2011 15:27 #25 by pineinthegrass
I had no problem with the video. I considered it to be a satire. I'm not sure it was worth the time invested, but it had some humor to it and made its points. Not that I agreed with it all.

It was about two people who thought they know it all. But in the satire, the conservative guy did know it all while the liberal gal was a doofus. Now, if there is a similar video which reverses the rolls, I'd watch it too in order to see what points it makes from the other perspective.

Come to think of it, the web site the video originally came from has software that lets you make your own videos similar to that just by typing in your script. Maybe someone here will make their own version? lol

01 Feb 2011 16:49 #26 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Meet The Liberal Elite!
Funny video......especially the creationist and global warming parts.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

01 Feb 2011 19:36 #27 by daisypusher
Replied by daisypusher on topic Meet The Liberal Elite!

Science Chic wrote:

daisypusher wrote: "try[ing] so hard to change America for what they see as better"?

This is so ironic. Doesn't this confirm the purported aspects of "Liberal Elites" in the video? Wasn't that almost the entire point of the video and the reason they are called disparaging "elite"? And is not the stereotype that Liberals do not like America as it is (thus hate it), so they are trying to change it? And why? Because they think they know better? :wink: :pop

Like the Koch brothers, oil execs, and others haven't been and aren't still trying to change it in the direction they'd like? My point is, both sides do it, but you don't hear liberals derogatorily calling conservatives "unpatriotic" for it. The name-calling has to end.

I would not ascribe the actions of the "Koch brothers, oil execs, and others" as attempting to "to change America for what they see as better". I see people using political power for their own purposes. Liberals see their own as "change America for what they see as better" and thereby "unwittingly support a malign cause through their 'naive' attempts to be a force for good".

01 Feb 2011 19:58 #28 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic Meet The Liberal Elite!
I did not watch it. I read a lot faster than I listen and perfer to get information that way.

For those who liked the clip, and know how to read :Whistle you would probably enjoy this.*

http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/on-the-lef ... epage=true

The first quote is the opening para which is obviously meant to inflame. Still there are some points in the piece that I agree with. From the second quoted para, who does not know some on the left who believe this. I'll bet you do not have to go further than these forums to think of someone who fits the bill.*

"Conservatives regularly observing members of the political left will sometimes feel like zoologists. Our opponents are a craven and animated lot. All their antics, bizarre posturing, moronic moralizing, rage, and mindless dedication to avoiding rational argument call to mind the behaviors of a baboon troop in a Guinea forest"

"Their good is contrasted with the right’s evil. We are nothing but a ramshackle horde of obese tea baggers, haters, racists, and Neanderthals."

*Usual caveats apply.

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds