From those geniuses at FauxNews

01 Feb 2011 14:25 #21 by PrintSmith

daisypusher wrote: It would more interesting to have new Faux pas.

You mean like good old Chris Matthews saying the Panama Canal is in Egypt??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Feb 2011 14:38 #22 by daisypusher
That is new - said just yesterday. Nice one and definitely more interesting than a 1.5 year old outrage.

01 Feb 2011 14:57 #23 by Blazer Bob

PrintSmith wrote:

I did not see that but almost no one watches his show except for a laugh.

I was a fan of his back in the early-mid '90's. He was on right before Geraldo's show. Geraldo became the "show of record" covering the OJ trial and kicked Chris's ass in the ratings war. I do not think Chris ever got over getting his ass kicked by a clown like Geraldo and he has not been the same since.

01 Feb 2011 15:18 #24 by LadyJazzer

SS109 wrote: LJ,
This was just foreshadowing by Fox, warning their viewers that Egypt will be the new Iraq and Mubarak will be the new Saddam. lol

To make it even scarier, Hosni has his own Republican Guard, just like Hussein.
And we gave a license to Egypt to produce their own M-1 tanks. so we will be using US tax dollars to blow up US equipment.

And that has WHAT to do with the fact that FauxNews doesn't know where Egypt is on a map?

01 Feb 2011 15:19 #25 by pineinthegrass
[youtube:38acshag]
[/youtube:38acshag]

He did at least correct himself, but it was probably after someone whispered in his ear. Then again, Palin corrected herself after her slip too.

01 Feb 2011 15:20 #26 by LadyJazzer

PrintSmith wrote:

You mean like Half-Governor MooseMeat saying that "North Korea is our ally"?

01 Feb 2011 15:32 #27 by PrintSmith
Yeppers LJ, just like that. And just like Obama saying he had visited 57 states with only a couple more to go. Misstatements aren't indicators of low intelligence, but they do provide humor from time to time. Of course, some people, who shall remain nameless, attempt to create the impression that such misstatements are an indicator of intelligence, but we all recognize that for the cheap political partisanship with which it is rightly associated, right?

01 Feb 2011 15:41 #28 by LadyJazzer
Y'know, if certain people, who shall remain nameless, didn't keep bringing up irrelevant misstatements like the "57-state" crap, then the "North Korean ally" statement by Half-Governor MooseMeat might not appear as rebuttal so frequently... Of course, that's just a guess....

01 Feb 2011 16:15 #29 by PrintSmith
And news organizations run on tight timelines, often putting together graphics in minutes to get them on air, and make mistakes in those graphics just as speakers misspeak from time to time. Equating a mistake in a graphic with the intelligence of the person delivering the news, which is a fallacy as they didn't create the graphic, the station itself, for the same reason, or the intelligence of those who are watching the station, for the same reason, is nothing more or less than the same cheap partisan political hack job evidenced when one questions the intelligence of Palin for her misstatement or Obama for his. Gotcha games are fun from time to time, but no one takes seriously the implication that intelligence is exhibited by the occasional mistakes that are made by any of the individuals involved. It might make you feel a little better to keep telling yourself that your political opponents are mentally challenged individuals, but deep down we all know it not to be the case. And if you don't know that deep down my friend, then I would suggest a quick little visit to the closest mental health care facility for a check up.

01 Feb 2011 16:43 #30 by Rick
Tell me LJ, what's the bigger mistake, a map error or reporting Gabriel Gifford was shot in the head and died? http://www.tvnewscheck.com/article/2011 ... ing-errors kinda like your quick assumption that the shooter was Tea Party connected. You would do well over at NPR.

Pretty pathetic outrage, try again tomorrow.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.176 seconds