High Court Will Strike Down Obamacare

31 Jan 2011 20:09 #1 by outdoor338
In an exclusive Newsmax interview, the former Florida attorney general whose lawsuit laid the basis for a federal judge’s ruling Monday that found the national healthcare law unconstitutional agreed with other conservative experts that the Supreme Court will ultimately strike it down.

“My gut tells me that the Court will declare the whole law unconstitutional, and Congress will have to start over,” Bill McCollum told Newsmax.TV.

“My gut tells me that the Court will declare the whole law unconstitutional, and Congress will have to start over,” McCollum told Newsmax.TV in an exclusive interview.

“They may in fact be starting over now. I’m sure that the Obama administration is going to look at this ruling and try to get something in the next two years, before their re-election effort of 2012, out of this Congress, some compromise.

“And my hope is the Republicans and those trying to repeal this law don’t give in too much to the Obama administration,” McCollum told Newsmax.TV. “Because I personally think that it will be held unconstitutional, and they can start from scratch. So they have all the leverage, and shouldn’t be giving anything up or away at this point.”

http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/bill ... ode=B93D-1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

31 Jan 2011 22:57 #2 by Pony Soldier
My gut tells me when I'm hungry or sick. That's pretty much it.

01 Feb 2011 08:38 #3 by FredHayek
So Obama should have just wrote the law slightly different? Instead of fining someone w/o health insurance, he should have increased taxes by $2000 per person to pay for universal health care. Because we know the Supremes have ruled taxes are legal.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

01 Feb 2011 11:16 #4 by Pony Soldier
That's correct - that would have been within their authority. It would also eliminate insurance companies from the equation and put the federal government in their place. Not sure which is worse.

01 Feb 2011 12:39 #5 by conifermtman
I hope the Supreme Court strikes it down sometime next year, like a month before the elections.

Time to create page: 0.142 seconds