Ultimate Electronics to liquidate all stores nationwide

07 Feb 2011 08:46 #1 by conifermtman
http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx? ... &catid=339

Thornton-based Ultimate Electronics is making plans to liquidate all 46 of its stores nationwide, including nine stores in Colorado, according to an email from the company's Chief Executive Officer, and documents filed in a federal bankruptcy court.

Liquidation sales at stores nationwide will start as soon as Wednesday, a liquidator inside the Thornton store told 9NEWS Sunday afternoon.

Ultimate Acquisition Partners LP, Ultimate Electronics parent company, filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy on Jan. 26, hoping to save some of its stores, but the company could not meet its obligations to pay creditors and keep all stores operating.

Maybe Obama could bail them out as well. Why stop at Government Motors? Doesn't Obama care?

Am I shocked that they are going under? No. Compared to other retailers I found their prices to be high and their sales people to be dishonest or not very educated on the products they sell.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Feb 2011 08:48 #2 by FredHayek
Personally I was suprised they didn't go under a long time ago. I thought it was a bad business model.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

07 Feb 2011 08:50 #3 by Martin Ent Inc

07 Feb 2011 08:52 #4 by Nobody that matters
This isn't the first time they've gone bankrupt. It's about time they threw in the towel.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

07 Feb 2011 08:59 #5 by bailey bud
What's Ultimate Electronics?
(I think that's their problem)

Time to create page: 0.155 seconds