Is it time for the US Military to enter Mexico

07 Feb 2011 21:46 #1 by Opus007
Think about it. The whole situation is totally out of control.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Feb 2011 21:55 #2 by ScienceChic
Well, it would certainly end the border/illegals issue...

Would the end goal be to root out all the corruption and restore democracy for the Mexican people, or would it be to annex it into the US?

But I don't think we have the manpower available to do it right now so it's probably a moot point. I'd rather we go after Canada - they've got a more stable economy, more wealth, and will be the place to live in 50-80 years.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

07 Feb 2011 21:59 #3 by Opus007
My concern is the drug traffic and murders. Mexico seems unable to take care of the problems. This problem is totally out of control.

07 Feb 2011 22:06 #4 by Blazer Bob

Opus007 wrote: My concern is the drug traffic and murders. Mexico seems unable to take care of the problems. This problem is totally out of control.

I think legalizing drugs would solve that problem.

07 Feb 2011 22:10 #5 by Opus007
All Drugs ? Or what drugs ? The problem in Mexico seems to be who controls the drug traffic.

07 Feb 2011 22:18 #6 by Blazer Bob

Opus007 wrote: All Drugs ? Or what drugs ? The problem in Mexico seems to be who controls the drug traffic.

For the purposes of your thread, just the drugs that are smuggled from Mexico. Unless the gov. went apesh*t crazy with taxes (possible) the price of drugs would fall so much there would be no trafficking, just commerce. At least, that's my theory.

07 Feb 2011 22:26 #7 by Opus007
And I do appreciate your opinion. However, I see a threat to my country. I look at drug cartels as a revolution. Not a good revolution. I really don't know where all this is going. I just know that this has become very dangerous and we need to appoach the problem.

08 Feb 2011 08:57 #8 by Beeks
1/4 mile wide minefield ought to do it.....

08 Feb 2011 10:10 #9 by Residenttroll returns
No to US Military...it's a tribal civil war in Mexico. We need to stand the hell out of it. Read the history and understand what's going on. We need to protect our borders and keep the funding of the civil war out of the US.

08 Feb 2011 12:15 #10 by eaglebear
I don't think an envasion is an anwer at all. It would create more problems then anything else. What I think we need to do is start training our toops alone the border. Mass numbers of military personal would make a difference if they have live amo and are taking target parctice at the key spots along the border.

Time to create page: 0.175 seconds