Who is John Galt

12 Feb 2011 10:47 #11 by Mayhem
Replied by Mayhem on topic Who is John Galt

Soulshiner wrote: She was a hypocrite that basically told people how they should live and then did the opposite. Funny how that seems to happen a lot with in a certain ideology...

How is taking back the money that was stolen from you make you a hypocrite? Or is it okay to have your money stolen against your will because the thief is the govt full of a's like you and your ilk?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Feb 2011 10:50 #12 by Mayhem

LadyJazzer wrote: So, since you have nothing but insults for the source, and the folks who point out the FACT that she took Social Security money, I take it you have nothing to prove that the facts aren't true?

Ayn Rand and the VIP-DIPers

A heavy smoker who refused to believe that smoking causes cancer brings to mind those today who are equally certain there is no such thing as global warming. Unfortunately, Miss Rand was a fatal victim of lung cancer.

However, it was revealed in the recent "Oral History of Ayn Rand" by Scott McConnell (founder of the media department at the Ayn Rand Institute) that in the end Ayn was a vip-dipper as well. An interview with Evva Pryror, a social worker and consultant to Miss Rand's law firm of Ernst, Cane, Gitlin and Winick verified that on Miss Rand's behalf she secured Rand's Social Security and Medicare payments which Ayn received under the name of Ann O'Connor (husband Frank O'Connor).

As Pryor said, "Doctors cost a lot more money than books earn and she could be totally wiped out" without the aid of these two government programs. Ayn took the bail out even though Ayn "despised government interference and felt that people should and could live independently... She didn't feel that an individual should take help."

But alas she did and said it was wrong for everyone else to do so. Apart from the strong implication that those who take the help are morally weak, it is also a philosophic point that such help dulls the will to work, to save and government assistance is said to dull the entrepreneurial spirit.

In the end, Miss Rand was a hypocrite but she could never be faulted for failing to act in her own self-interest.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/michael-f ... 92184.html

So, when you can't refute the facts, attack the messenger...

And when you are a brain dead drone apologist quote other brain dead drone apologists.

12 Feb 2011 10:55 #13 by Soulshiner
Replied by Soulshiner on topic Who is John Galt
It's almost like I can hear the foaming at the mouth coming through the internet...

When you plant ice you're going to harvest wind. - Robert Hunter

12 Feb 2011 11:00 #14 by Mayhem

Soulshiner wrote: It's almost like I can hear the foaming at the mouth coming through the internet...

Another sure sign of crystal use. Confusing senses. Foaming has no sound, it is visual dip....

12 Feb 2011 11:02 #15 by LadyJazzer
Replied by LadyJazzer on topic Who is John Galt

Baileyboy wrote: And when you are a brain dead drone apologist quote other brain dead drone apologists.

As usual, I don't think he knows what the word means:

a·pol·o·gist (-pl-jst)
n.
A person who argues in defense or justification of something, such as a doctrine, policy, or institution.

See, I'm NOT arguing in defense of the hypocrite...In fact, quite the opposite. "Apologist" would be YOU...

You should keep a dictionary nearby, since you obviously don't understand what you are saying... I realize it's "elitist" of me to point that out---but I just couldn't help myself.... rofllol :lol:

12 Feb 2011 11:08 #16 by Mayhem

LadyJazzer wrote:

Baileyboy wrote: And when you are a brain dead drone apologist quote other brain dead drone apologists.

As usual, I don't think he knows what the word means:

a·pol·o·gist (-pl-jst)
n.
A person who argues in defense or justification of something, such as a doctrine, policy, or institution.

See, I'm NOT arguing in defense of the hypocrite...In fact, quite the opposite. "Apologist" would be YOU...

You should keep a dictionary nearby, since you obviously don't understand what you are saying... I realize it's "elitist" of me to point that out---but I just couldn't help myself.... rofllol :lol:

Yeah it is apologist. Because it is brain dead drone apologists who need to drag down the people who are shining the light of truth on your failed ideology. Discredit the messenger in order to discredit their message. You lot are as predictable as a fart that follows chilli, only worse smelling.

12 Feb 2011 11:18 #17 by BearMtnHIB
Replied by BearMtnHIB on topic Who is John Galt
I'm quite sure that Ayn Rand contributed more to the world than she could ever recieve from a social security benefit. And I know that she paid more taxes into the system than all of her liberal attackers put together.

Talk about hypocrisy.

Your attacks on her might garner more respect if you actually contributed even a fraction to this world that Rand has.

She's even still contributing today....

"Rand's books continue to be widely sold and read, with 25 million copies sold as of 2007, and 800,000 more being sold each year according to the Ayn Rand Institute. In addition, the Ayn Rand Institute provides 400,000 copies of Rand’s novels every year for free to high schools throughout the United States"

That's more contribution than all the lazy liberals (looters) on 285 put together.

She does more good work in death than you all do in life!

12 Feb 2011 11:22 #18 by LadyJazzer
"Contributions" are in the eye of the beholder, are they not?

12 Feb 2011 11:23 #19 by BearMtnHIB
Replied by BearMtnHIB on topic Who is John Galt

"Contributions" are in the eye of the beholder, are they not?

Spoken like a true looter.

12 Feb 2011 11:28 #20 by LadyJazzer
When one pays into a system, and gets the money back it is not looting. But don't let me dissuade you from your wingnut hyperbole.

Time to create page: 0.177 seconds