Ron Paul Wins CPAC Straw Poll w/30%

12 Feb 2011 15:14 #1 by Nmysys
That is the breaking news right now. What does that tell you about the mentality of the American people today?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Feb 2011 15:20 #2 by LadyJazzer
It says the conservatives are, once again, ready to throw their vote away in the name of dogma for a candidate who cannot possibly win. (Trump was right.)

YES!!! Palin in 2012!!!

12 Feb 2011 15:21 - 12 Feb 2011 15:30 #3 by Nmysys
Ron Paul Wins Presidential Straw Poll at CPAC -- Again

Published February 12, 2011

| FoxNews.com

For the second year in a row, Ron Paul won the presidential straw poll at the annual Conservative Political Action Conference, earning 30 percent of the vote.

The Texas congressman, known for his libertarian views, ran for president in 2008 but was never a serious contender for the GOP nomination.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/02/12/ron-paul-wins-presidential-straw-poll-cpac/#ixzz1DmmjdLVw

12 Feb 2011 15:27 #4 by FredHayek

LadyJazzer wrote: It says the conservatives are, once again, ready to throw their vote away in the name of dogma for a candidate who cannot possibly win. (Trump was right.)

YES!!! Palin in 2012!!!

Not exactly. Paul didn't win a single state. As hardcore Republican voters appeared in the primary, they chose John McCain, the most liberal of the options. CPAC is the hardcore who are making a protest vote to show what they ideally want.

And one more point, the straw poll was taken before many of the speeches had been delivered.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

12 Feb 2011 15:46 #5 by JMC
Nominate him and I would respect the repubs a lot more. might even vote for him. Might

12 Feb 2011 15:51 #6 by Grady

LadyJazzer wrote: It says the conservatives are, once again, ready to throw their vote away in the name of dogma for a candidate who cannot possibly win. (Trump was right.)

YES!!! Palin in 2012!!!

I know you would like to see her run, but I don't think it's going to happen. Trump was right.

12 Feb 2011 17:08 #7 by Rick

YES!!! Palin in 2012!!!

I heard someone came out with a medication for Palin Derangement Syndrome...I would look into that.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

12 Feb 2011 17:11 #8 by FredHayek

JMC wrote: Nominate him and I would respect the repubs a lot more. might even vote for him. Might

Ron Paul does appeal to libertarians of both the right and left. And isolationists.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

12 Feb 2011 18:13 #9 by LadyJazzer

Grady wrote:

YES!!! Palin in 2012!!!

I know you would like to see her run, but I don't think it's going to happen. Trump was right.

Palin hires chief of staff for PAC

JUNEAU, Alaska — Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin has hired a longtime Republican political strategist as chief of staff of her political action committee, fueling fresh speculation about her possible intent to run for president in 2012.

The hiring of Michael Glassner was confirmed to The Associated Press on Saturday morning by Palin aide Rebecca Mansour and SarahPAC Treasurer Tim Crawford. Palin has only said she's considering a presidential run.

It's not "Palin derangement syndrome" if the bozo is actually going to run... rofllol :lol: rofllol :lol:

YES!!! Palin in 2012!!! Oh, god, PLEASE!

13 Feb 2011 09:32 #10 by Rick
So when she doesn't run, all your PDS posts will clearly show how much time you wasted obsessing over her. I can't wait.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.176 seconds