I love that Blanche Lincoln won in Arkansas!

08 Jun 2010 22:11 #1 by The Viking
The far left, and Moveon.org and all the big labor unions threw millions into this race to defeat her and they lost!! It goes to show no one wants to go further left! But yet almost all Tea party candidates won tonight and that shows the country wants to go away from big government.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Jun 2010 06:26 #2 by TPP
She's still a disgrace to her last name.

09 Jun 2010 06:46 #3 by Wayne Harrison

The Viking wrote: The far left, and Moveon.org and all the big labor unions threw millions into this race to defeat her and they lost!! It goes to show no one wants to go further left! But yet almost all Tea party candidates won tonight and that shows the country wants to go away from big government.

Until they interview the people who voted, that connection can't be made.

My bet is it is a "throw the bumbs out" feeling... against any incumbent. In four years, Tea Party candidates will be on the other end.

09 Jun 2010 07:31 #4 by FredHayek

Wayne Harrison wrote:

The Viking wrote: The far left, and Moveon.org and all the big labor unions threw millions into this race to defeat her and they lost!! It goes to show no one wants to go further left! But yet almost all Tea party candidates won tonight and that shows the country wants to go away from big government.

My bet is it is a "throw the bumbs out" feeling... against any incumbent. In four years, Tea Party candidates will be on the other end.

If the voters only wanted to throw the bums out, Blanche Lincoln would have easily lost, probably wouldn't have even been a runoff in the first place.

But I am not ready to cheer yet. Primaries usually only attract the more political voters. Will TEA party endorsed candidates win when Joe Sixpack votes in November? Luckily non-presidential elections have lower turnout so that might help the more conservative candidates.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

09 Jun 2010 08:08 - 09 Jun 2010 08:14 #5 by The Viking

SS109 wrote:

Wayne Harrison wrote:

If the voters only wanted to throw the bums out, Blanche Lincoln would have easily lost, probably wouldn't have even been a runoff in the first place.

But I am not ready to cheer yet. Primaries usually only attract the more political voters. Will TEA party endorsed candidates win when Joe Sixpack votes in November? Luckily non-presidential elections have lower turnout so that might help the more conservative candidates.

She is trailing by 20+ points in the polls in the general election. She has a huge hill to climb and she had to run to the left in this primary so now she has to explain that. Plus Obama endorsed her so that could be the kiss of death for her in the general election.

09 Jun 2010 08:14 #6 by The Viking

Wayne Harrison wrote:

They had a candidate that was endorsed and backed by Moveon.org, and all the big labor unions threw over $10 million into this race to defeat Blanche. The voters voted for her anti union stance over the unions. That was one of the few votes I agree with her on. Voting against the union card check. Although many feel she only did that to try and gain votes for this election as she did speak out for it and supported it until it looked like she was in trouble in the election.

09 Jun 2010 09:03 #7 by Wayne Harrison
It was a primary, right? In primaries, the Tea Party is running against a Republican candidate. I'm going to wait till the general election.

09 Jun 2010 09:14 #8 by Grady
The general elections will be something to watch. I think the "Tea Party" endorsed candidates will do well , not so much by being endorsed by “Tea Partiers” but because they will be running as the anti-incumbents. Take a look at our own Senate race; both Maes and Romanoff are doing very well against the perceived party picks. We’ll see what shakes out in August.

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds