Major Cuts in State School/Health Care funding

15 Feb 2011 15:37 #1 by 2wlady
Just read the PPTs from Hickenlooper. Interesting how school/health care are lumped together. Please go here and click on the link. The actual link is so long I don't think it would work.

http://www.colorado.gov/cs/Satellite?c=Page&childpagename=GovHickenlooper%2FCBONLayout&cid=1251588835527&pagename=CBONWrapper

Change in total per student funding from FY 2010-11 levels: -$497
 FY 2010-11 per student funding: $6,823
 FY 2011-12 per student funding: $6,326

Per student funding includes all the admin personnel, not just teachers, facilities and equipment. Every school system I've ever seen was top heavy. Get rid of the dross at the admin level.

I was also shocked at how Medicaid has skyrocketed over the years. Yikes!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Feb 2011 15:38 #2 by outdoor338
Thanks 2wlady..

15 Feb 2011 15:47 #3 by archer

2wlady wrote: I was also shocked at how Medicaid has skyrocketed over the years. Yikes!

medicaid is health insurance....so yes, it has skyrocketed right along with the rest of health insurance policies. My individual policy went from $435/month to just under $900/month in just three years. Thankfully I was then eligible for medicare, whose costs have also skyrocketed. But hey, we don't have a healthcare problem in this country....lets just go back to the way things were and everyone will be happy (well at least those who can afford the rate hikes will be happy)

15 Feb 2011 16:03 #4 by Rick

archer wrote:

2wlady wrote: I was also shocked at how Medicaid has skyrocketed over the years. Yikes!

medicaid is health insurance....so yes, it has skyrocketed right along with the rest of health insurance policies. My individual policy went from $435/month to just under $900/month in just three years. Thankfully I was then eligible for medicare, whose costs have also skyrocketed. But hey, we don't have a healthcare problem in this country....lets just go back to the way things were and everyone will be happy (well at least those who can afford the rate hikes will be happy)

It's a healthcare COST problem which is not addressed much in the magical healthscam bill.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

15 Feb 2011 16:32 #5 by Nmysys
Archer thinks Healthcare is a Right!!!!

Time to create page: 0.135 seconds