County Employee Dead in Cubicle a Day Before Being Noticed

15 Feb 2011 20:32 #11 by 2wlady
I feel sad that the woman died and no one noticed, not even her own family.

On the other hand, this is classic - government worker, apparently known for taking naps at work, dies and no one notices for at least 24 hours.

How can you not see the irony in that?

And we have so many witty people to comment on it. How can you not laugh?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Feb 2011 21:14 #12 by ckm8
She was not known for taking naps. It was a cruel joke made in the comments. The cruelty and insensitivity shown here is breathtaking. if this was your wife, mother, sister would you appreciate everyones mocking of her death? You people are shameless and revolting. I am ashamed to call you neighbors. I hope when you die your survivors are shown more kindness and respect.

15 Feb 2011 22:16 #13 by archer

ckm8 wrote: She was not known for taking naps. It was a cruel joke made in the comments. The cruelty and insensitivity shown here is breathtaking. if this was your wife, mother, sister would you appreciate everyones mocking of her death? You people are shameless and revolting. I am ashamed to call you neighbors. I hope when you die your survivors are shown more kindness and respect.

The insensitive jokes are coming from the usual suspects.....I'm not the least bit surprised at their callous attitude.

16 Feb 2011 06:34 - 16 Feb 2011 07:28 #14 by outdoor338
Funny, you libs get upset with this! But are just fine when babies are aborted everyday! You're a pathetic lot...

16 Feb 2011 07:02 #15 by Martin Ent Inc
cause they have constipation.

16 Feb 2011 07:47 #16 by LadyJazzer

ckm8 wrote: Everyone making fun of this poor womans death disgust me. Read the article, look at her face, find out that she just became a grandma. Treat her like a human. What a bunch of pigs you all are.

Yeah, it's a real knee-slapper... From the usual "compassionate conservatives." "Disgust" is a good word.

16 Feb 2011 09:12 #17 by 2wlady
There you go again, lumping all liberals in one basket.

16 Feb 2011 09:32 #18 by The Boss
I don't think it is that bad to joke about it. It is not news though, that is where the line of respect was walked over.

If that was my wife or mother I would not want it in the papers. I would ask the reporters for respect and if I did not get it I would call them out.

But once it is out, anyone can talk about it, I don't really care, even if it is my family.

I recognize that I ask people to die and suffer every day to maintain my lofty American lifestyle. If you cannot be lighthearted about it, then you better stop demanding others die for your pleasure, that others work their ass off for your family. Gee didn't like 100,000+ iraqis die because people like to believe Bush who did not know who he should really believe. 1000's of Americans for that too. And that was not even lifestyle, that was just misplaced revenge on the wrong people.

16 Feb 2011 11:11 #19 by Surveyor
Is is kind of strange that her family & friends did not notice that she never made it home from work. That is pathetic and I feel for the woman, but not so much her family who apparently weren't paying much attention anyway. Call me what you like--part of the beauty of this country is the right of expression.

16 Feb 2011 11:26 #20 by Grady
Oh come on, lighten up.

The terms black comedy or dark comedy have been later derived as alternatives to Breton's term. In black humour, topics and events that are usually regarded as taboo, specifically those related to death, are treated in an unusually humorous or satirical manner while retaining their seriousness; the intent of black comedy, therefore, is often for the audience to experience both laughter and discomfort, sometimes simultaneously

Linky to the Wiki article

Time to create page: 0.169 seconds