Defector lied about WMD to hasten Iraq war

16 Feb 2011 12:28 #11 by LadyJazzer
No, I prefer to think that Bush was LESS credible than all of the professionals, and intelligence people were when they tried to tell him the truth, and he made it clear that he had a desired outcome, and they made sure it happened. Too bad about Joe Wilson and Valerie Plame. I guess outing covert CIA people is only a bad thing if it's not a neo-con doing it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Feb 2011 12:36 #12 by Blazer Bob

LadyJazzer wrote: No, I prefer to think that Bush was LESS credible than all of the professionals, and intelligence people were when they tried to tell him the truth, and he made it clear that he had a desired outcome, and they made sure it happened. Too bad about Joe Wilson and Valerie Plame. I guess outing covert CIA people is only a bad thing if it's not a neo-con doing it.

:Snooze Richard Armitage

16 Feb 2011 12:39 #13 by LadyJazzer
Bush lied... 700,000 died.

16 Feb 2011 12:49 #14 by Blazer Bob

LadyJazzer wrote: Bush lied... 700,000 died.

Bush lied, defector lied, Bush was less credible............

I am so confused. rofllol

16 Feb 2011 13:12 #15 by PrintSmith

LadyJazzer wrote: Bush lied... 700,000 died.

Wouldn't it be more accurate, not that accuracy is important in any way, to say instead:

Bush believed the lie... 700,000 died.

That's the problem you now have LJ. It isn't that Bush lied anymore; instead we now have absolute proof that he was told by intelligence sources that the weapons that his predecessor said were there were in fact there and he based his decision accordingly. You might still fault the man for which of the two conflicting sources he ended up basing his decision on, but there is no longer any doubt at all that he had intelligence sources that were claiming the weapons did exist. So his claim that they were there was not a fabricated story of his own design, as his detractors have been claiming for the last decade, instead we come to find out that there were indeed intelligence sources that claimed the weapons were there.

So he didn't lie, did he now. He simply ended up being convinced by a liar that what he was hearing from him was true. Kind of like the folks who think the SwindleUs saved or created jobs when you get right down to it, or that Obamacare will be reducing, rather than adding, to the deficit 20 years from now. They are swallowing those lies just like Bush swallowed the one he was being told.

16 Feb 2011 13:22 #16 by The Viking

archer wrote: And Bush condemned thousands of Americas best and brightest to death or injury....how. I wish he had been as smart as Bill and used missiles.

No one else in congress voted for the war right? Including most of the Dems. Love how you guys try and spin this all on one man.

16 Feb 2011 14:31 #17 by LadyJazzer
We have absolute truth that he instructed his administration on the desired outcome and they cooked and manipulated the intelligence to give him what he wanted. In Reagan's day that was called "plausible deniability"... (God, I do love how the GOP can turn-a-phrase to cover up sleaze and incompetence....) Another Reagan oldie-but-goodie: "Mistakes were made."

I love it.

16 Feb 2011 14:35 #18 by archer

The Viking wrote:

archer wrote: And Bush condemned thousands of Americas best and brightest to death or injury....how. I wish he had been as smart as Bill and used missiles.

No one else in congress voted for the war right? Including most of the Dems. Love how you guys try and spin this all on one man.

gee Viking....there wouldn't have been a war to vote for if Bush had been 1/4 the man he thought he was.He wanted that war.....and he got that war......and he is responsible for a lot of deaths......what a great legacy.

16 Feb 2011 14:52 #19 by Rick

LadyJazzer wrote: We have absolute truth that he instructed his administration on the desired outcome and they cooked and manipulated the intelligence to give him what he wanted.

Where is this "absolute truth" you speak of? Do you have some first hand info or did the Huffington Post tell you?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

16 Feb 2011 15:02 #20 by Blazer Bob

CriticalBill wrote:

LadyJazzer wrote: We have absolute truth that he instructed his administration on the desired outcome and they cooked and manipulated the intelligence to give him what he wanted.

Where is this "absolute truth" you speak of? Do you have some first hand info or did the Huffington Post tell you?

LOL, I believe that is hot key ctr/F8. Wait for it.

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds