"Honest and raw and a little edgy"

16 Feb 2011 08:22 #1 by Obam me
"Honest and raw and a little edgy" was created by Obam me
This is MY kind of teacher! Why not call them out? And why not put the lazy students in one classroom with a babysitter and the students who want to be in school in classrooms with teachers like this!

Pa. teacher strikes nerve with 'lazy whiners' blog
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110216/ap_ ... ended_blog

FEASTERVILLE, Pa. – A high school English teacher in suburban Philadelphia who was suspended for a profanity-laced blog in which she called her young charges "disengaged, lazy whiners" is driving a sensation by daring to ask: Why are today's students unmotivated — and what's wrong with calling them out?

Found her blog:
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... google.com

"Contrary to what seems to be popular belief, I didn't--and don't--feel negatively toward all students. As I mentioned in another blog that nobody chooses to talk about, there were delightful students in school, too. I fondly discussed some wonderful students who shined in the school's Jazz and Poetry Festival, and I even said that I was proud to be part of the school at events like that."

"But the fact remains that every year, more and more, students are coming in less willing to work, to think, to cooperate. These are the students I was complaining about in my blog. The same way millions of Americans go home at the end of the day and complain about select coworkers or clients or other jerks they had to deal with, I came home and complained on my blog about those I had to deal with."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Feb 2011 13:53 #2 by Cat Crap Hill
Must be watching Fox News (sic).

16 Feb 2011 14:00 #3 by Mayhem
What did her union rep say??

16 Feb 2011 17:24 #4 by major bean
Yeah, those hard hitting and essential courses of Jazz and Poetry. Nikola Tesla move over!

Regards,
Major Bean

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds