Republicans Defunding Planned Parenthood

18 Feb 2011 10:31 #11 by Pony Soldier

towermonkey wrote: Damned right Outdoor338!!! Cut spending NOW!!! BTW, We could cut the defense budget by half and still outspend China, Britain, France and Russia together.

...and Japan, and Germany...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Feb 2011 10:31 #12 by Blazer Bob

SS109 wrote: Planned Parenthood is good preventive debt reduction. Spending a few hundred of goverment money on a abortion or birth control will save welfare entitlements billions.

Good point. It is a democrat reduction program. :Whistle

18 Feb 2011 10:33 #13 by Pony Soldier

outdoor338 wrote: I agree, cut defense spending..don't stop there, keep going, defund NPR, etc..like I said, we all need to cut every program..or get rid of some of them..

Oh I agree but everything I hear discussed is "non-security" cuts meaning they will leave defense alone. We are truly living in the military industrial complex Ike warned us about. They have people ready to give up their Social Security to support billion dollar bombers that never get built.

18 Feb 2011 10:40 #14 by outdoor338
I have often wondered about billions of $$$$$$ planned for bombers that never get built...what's up with that??

18 Feb 2011 10:46 #15 by lionshead2010
For the past week or so I've heard many emotional stories about what Congress and the President shouldn't cut...and most folks agree that we should cut the defense budget. That being said, since even cutting the defense budget to zero wouldn't balance the national budget...what do folks propose that our elected officials cut to make ends meet?

And please, please, please don't answer simply that we should "tax the rich" because I don't think that's going to do it all alone either.

Seriously folks. We shouldn't cut Planned Parenthood. We shouldn't mess with National Public Radio. At the state level, we shouldn't mess with the unions. What SHOULD we do?

My take is that we will have to gore many sacred cows (both conservative and liberal favorites) in order to get things back under control. The question is, do we have a nation and leaders that can make those tough decisions and do what must be done?

All I hear is whining right now...not many answers.

18 Feb 2011 10:52 #16 by FredHayek

towermonkey wrote:

outdoor338 wrote: I agree, cut defense spending..don't stop there, keep going, defund NPR, etc..like I said, we all need to cut every program..or get rid of some of them..

Oh I agree but everything I hear discussed is "non-security" cuts meaning they will leave defense alone. We are truly living in the military industrial complex Ike warned us about. They have people ready to give up their Social Security to support billion dollar bombers that never get built.

Defense cuts are shaping up to be a big fight in the Republican party. The old guard wants to keep the defense spending, the TEA party types think the debt is so bad, everything need to be cut. Call me cynical, but I think the old guard will win. The Tea Party will be corrupted.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

18 Feb 2011 10:53 #17 by Pony Soldier
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Next-Generation_Bomber

A pretty good overview here. It seems billion dollar was way too conservative.

18 Feb 2011 10:55 #18 by BearMtnHIB

For the past week or so I've heard many emotional stories about what Congress and the President shouldn't cut...and most folks agree that we should cut the defense budget. That being said, since even cutting the defense budget to zero wouldn't balance the national budget...what do folks propose that our elected officials cut to make ends meet?

And please, please, please don't answer simply that we should "tax the rich" because I don't think that's going to do it all alone either.

Seriously folks. We shouldn't cut Planned Parenthood. We shouldn't mess with National Public Radio. At the state level, we shouldn't mess with the unions. What SHOULD we do?

My take is that we will have to gore many sacred cows (both conservative and liberal favorites) in order to get things back under control. The question is, do we have a nation and leaders that can make those tough decisions and do what must be done?

All I hear is whining right now...not many answers.

Exactly - and we know what the answer is - all this crap needs to be cut. Not a single taxpayer dollar needs to go to PP. This is just one of a few thousand programs that needs to be completely de-funded.

18 Feb 2011 11:01 #19 by Blazer Bob

towermonkey wrote: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Next-Generation_Bomber

A pretty good overview here. It seems billion dollar was way too conservative.

The Air Force is a bunch of pikers. Can't find it right now, but as I recall the Navy spent 10 billion for R&D on the next gen guided missile warship, then basically said oops.

I just did a little googling, what I found is the sanitized version. I followed it real time and it was a total cluster.

18 Feb 2011 11:16 #20 by Pony Soldier
Yep, exactly - but you have to wait until your 70 something to get your Social Security...

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds