More employees quit their jobs...

09 Jun 2010 07:28 #1 by Wayne Harrison
One sign of better economic times is when more people start finding jobs. Another is when they feel confident enough to quit them.

More people quit their jobs in the past three months than were laid off – a sharp reversal after 15 straight months in which layoffs exceeded voluntary departures. The trend suggests the job market is finally thawing.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/06/0 ... 05656.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Jun 2010 07:33 #2 by FredHayek
Or how about this explanation, people being overworked having to cover for all the laid off employees and have had enough?

But hopefully your theory is right. My company has been hiring locally but shutting down out of state facilities.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

09 Jun 2010 07:35 #3 by Wayne Harrison
It's not my theory, just something from an article I thought was interesting. I haven't seen the trend personally.

09 Jun 2010 07:36 #4 by LOL
What was that Johny Paycheck song "Take this job and shove it...." ?

One of the most satisfying things in life is quitting a bad job. Just be careful about burning bridges as the saying goes.

This is a good sign!

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

09 Jun 2010 08:43 #5 by TPP
If it is a real sign, Joe.
I agree with Wayne, and I wonder how many folks are taking "forced" retirement, or just retire, or have found better jobs, or are just moving out of Califorina to go to where there are jobs, and states are heathly.
As Wayne doesn't trust Fox, I don't trust huffington.

Time to create page: 0.151 seconds