Jefferson County S/O - PROFESSIONALS

18 Feb 2011 21:44 #11 by jf1acai
Kudos to Jeffco SO!

:thumbsup:

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Feb 2011 21:47 #12 by AV8OR
DP,

Common sense prevailed on this. I very much support guns, but I do not support stupidity! Put the rifle in a case. Platte Canyon proved that anything can happen in our peaceful community in the hills.

18 Feb 2011 22:07 #13 by daisypusher
I have no agenda here. I am trying to understand. Correct me if I am wrong.... This guy was stupid by being viewable in public with a gun and no law was being violated. The stupid part is taking the risk of being mistaken for a person that is poised to use that gun for nefarious purposes and unnecessarily causing concern by people who noticed him. It is good that people reported what they saw since it is better to be safe than have a tragedy. Does that sum it up? Then I assume he was questioned by the police, educated about public gun etiquette and released?

19 Feb 2011 06:50 #14 by Nmysys
You did the right thing, for sure AV8OR.

Yes, I saw what you were referring to re: other county Law Enforcement people. Kudos to Jeffco S.O.

19 Feb 2011 08:11 #15 by MamaRama
Isn't it amazing the difference between "PROFESSIONALS and AMATURES" Good for Jefferson County!!! Cool, Calm, & Collected. No panic, no fear, no brutality....

19 Feb 2011 10:49 #16 by AV8OR
DP,

With the benefit of fresh sleep, i was able to go back over my OP and noticed that you did not have a good piece of information which led to part of my decision.

The subject was located on the west end of the parking lot without benefit of a vehicle nearby. Furthermore, he was greatly concealed by the large piles of snow pushback. Included, in observation was that he blended in with the trees.

While not an ideal place of concealment, a person with bad intentions good have ruined a few folks evening. Do not take me wrong, if he had been just camped at his vehicle with the mere appearance of waiting for someone just to offload his "hunting" rifle and dogs, awareness may have been at a lower level.

In this case, he was alone man with an exposed rifle and a small backback. Strangely, there was no sign of overnight gear. As they say in the NFL, "You make the call."

19 Feb 2011 11:53 #17 by Obam me
Replied by Obam me on topic Jefferson County S/O - PROFESSIONALS
AV8OR - I'm glad you're my neighbor. You did the right thing.

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds