1 Bill Could kill Obamacare, NEA, PBS, NPR, and Abortion $$$

21 Feb 2011 08:14 #1 by outdoor338
Who says you can't fix Washington's overspending problems, inattention to constitutional limits on power and political pet programs like funding of left-wing media and the biggest abortion provider in the world?

There's one bill that will be voted on soon in Washington that could bring an end to it all, says the organizer of a national grass-roots lobbying campaign catching fire, and only House Republicans are needed to make it a reality.

"We're talking about the most important piece of legislation in the nation's capital in decades," says WND founder Joseph Farah, who organized the "No More Red Ink" campaign to defeat efforts to raise the debt limit and force a 40 percent contraction of federal spending this year. "This is the tactical nuclear weapon that Republicans and Republicans alone can wield this year to rid the budget of every unconstitutional program and department and agency in one fell swoop."

http://visiontoamerica.org/story/1-bill ... money.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Feb 2011 08:22 #2 by Rick
You have to remember who the president is....he won't let that happen.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

21 Feb 2011 09:57 #3 by Soulshiner
And who is in the majority in the Senate.

When you plant ice you're going to harvest wind. - Robert Hunter

21 Feb 2011 10:15 #4 by FredHayek
Just a grandstanding play. Dead on arrival.

Better to do babysteps. Trade PBS & NPR de-funding for another unemployment extension, etc.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

21 Feb 2011 18:34 #5 by ScienceChic
Outdoor, I'm not wanting to go back and look, but weren't you an advocate of separate legislation? ie: not tacking on irrelevant amendments and pork spending in order to sneak their passage through on something that has to be passed, like the C.R.?

I'd like to see each bill voted on by itself, up or down.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

22 Feb 2011 16:56 #6 by bailey bud
Manage your enthusiasm.

The talk is all about heroics - not about budgeting.

There's almost no fiscal substance in the talk, in terms percent of the budget.

I remember the late 80s, when I worked with the Whitehouse budget staff, Secretary Bennet (Secretary of Education) was engaging in similar heroics - trying to eliminate his department (brilliant!) We did some math for the Budget director. If every expenditure from DoE was eliminated (a very unlikely move) - we would have reduced the budget by a whopping 1 percent.

The cuts discussed in this bill are even less.

Do you want to manage the US budget?

Look at:
- Defense
- Social Security
- Medicare/Medicaid
- Debt Service
- Entitlements (other than the above)

These lines represent the bulk of the US budget.

Most of the principled political talk in DC will do NOTHING to reduce any of the above areas
(if you do - kiss re-election contributions goodbye).

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds