Libya's Ex-Minister Claims Qaddafi Ordered Lockerbie Bombing

23 Feb 2011 08:59 #1 by Nmysys
Libya's Ex-Minister Reportedly Claims Qaddafi Ordered Lockerbie Bombing

Published February 23, 2011

| Associated Press

STOCKHOLM -- Swedish tabloid Expressen says Libya's ex-justice minister claims Muammar al-Qaddafi personally ordered the Lockerbie bombing that killed 270 people in 1988.

Expressen on Wednesday quoted Mustafa Abdel-Jalil as telling their correspondent in Libya that "I have proof that Qaddafi gave the order about Lockerbie." He didn't describe the proof.

Abdel-Jalil stepped down as justice minister to protest the violence against anti-government demonstrations.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/02/23/libyas-ex-minister-reportedly-claims-qaddafi-ordered-lockerbie-bombing/#ixzz1EnY2tZjC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Feb 2011 10:40 #2 by major bean
Qaddafi was quite the rogue leader before Reagan attacked him. He toned down extremely after that.
(An aside: 30 years ago the news people spelled his name as Kaddafi. Now I see that they spell it as Gaddafi.)

Regards,
Major Bean

23 Feb 2011 10:41 #3 by Residenttroll returns
He's a sand monkey ...whatcha expect.

24 Feb 2011 12:56 #4 by ScienceChic
Good question.

http://motherjones.com/rights-stuff/201 ... ya-qaddafi
Why Won't the UN Do Anything About Libya?
— By Mac McClelland
| Thu Feb. 24, 2011

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

24 Feb 2011 14:45 #5 by Martin Ent Inc
Still can't figure out the spelling of his name,,, he can't either I heard so wants to be called Mad Rogue Towel Head

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds