Arizona is Taking a Beating from exodus of illegals

26 Feb 2011 12:53 #21 by Obam me

gave you a source....sorry if I had other things to do last night than to cater to your petty posts....here's another one, but you all don't like the huffington post so I expect some more whining and crying about it..

Good grief Archer. You sure do let the little things upset you. Why do you hang out here? This IS a forum where people POST. Who's whining and crying? I asked a simple question...where's your source? I think what got your thong in a tangle is that I didn't take YOUR word for it. You think just because you live down there you have the credibility to "report" without sources? Now that's funny!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Feb 2011 13:08 - 26 Feb 2011 13:40 #22 by major bean
archer's sources do not state that the exodus of legal residents has started. The source says that "may be" there might be an exodus. Very, very big difference.
First archer needs to document that there actually IS an exodus of legal residents. Then she can supply sources as to why such an exodus is happening.
But first things first.

Regards,
Major Bean

26 Feb 2011 13:11 #23 by Rick
Did you read this part from your source archer?

"The economy is always the primary factor in determining migration flows," Professor David Gutierrez of the University of California San Diego told the Christian Science Monitor. "It might appear as if these laws are turning back demographic tide in Arizona, but economic forces are a much more important aspect of that development recently."

I'm not ganging up on you, I just think your assumption is without factual basis.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

26 Feb 2011 13:19 #24 by archer

CriticalBill wrote: Did you read this part from your source archer?

"The economy is always the primary factor in determining migration flows," Professor David Gutierrez of the University of California San Diego told the Christian Science Monitor. "It might appear as if these laws are turning back demographic tide in Arizona, but economic forces are a much more important aspect of that development recently."

I'm not ganging up on you, I just think your assumption is without factual basis.

yes I read the whole article, and many, many articles that have been in the paper...and news reports on the local news....I am not about to go searching for every one, it would be pointless anyway......God himself could back me up and the conservatives here would find a way not to believe it. Lets get real, you believe what you want to believe and no amount of information, no magic number of sources, will ever convinvce you otherwise. Not sure why I bothered to post in the first place....it's not a lot of fun to post, then get a bunch of snarky remarks about not coming up with what a conservative wants.....instantly. Some of us actually have a life, and responsibilities beyond catering to a whiny bunch of conservatives going "I'm waiting" where are you, why aren't you paying attention to me, me, me.

Tiresome, very tiresome.

26 Feb 2011 13:25 #25 by Pony Soldier
[youtube:1bigrjk2]
[/youtube:1bigrjk2]

For the "Conservative 4"

26 Feb 2011 13:28 #26 by Grady
Here is the most important line from the Huffington Post story

The Huffington Post | Nick Wing First Posted: 06-14-10 02:36 PM | Updated: 06-14-10 03:25 PM

[/b]

Abd didn't I just read that:
Arizona's open for business and PayPal is paying attention! Today, I attended the opening of PayPal's new operations center in Chandler. This new center will bring up to 2,000 new jobs. Last week, I signed legislation to reduce taxes and spur capital investments in Arizona and I'll continue promoting our business friendly environment to bring jobs to our state.
Arizona's open for business and Spain’s Gestamp Solar Steel is paying attention! Last week, I signed into law one of the most significant pieces of economic legislation in Arizona state history - legislation to reduce taxes and spur capital investments in Arizona. Today Gestamp Solar Steel announced that it will locate its U.S. headquarters in Arizona creating hundreds of new jobs! Welcome to Arizona!

Seems as though Arizona is doing something right.

26 Feb 2011 13:45 #27 by major bean
archer and archer supporter (towermonkey), is there an exodus of LEGAL residents from Arizona? That is your premise and if you can source this exodus then we might be able to start talking about the reasons for their leaving.
But first, are the legal residents leaving?

Regards,
Major Bean

26 Feb 2011 14:01 #28 by Obam me
My, my...look who was slapping around the OP about his sources just 2 posts into this thread.

For those who want to see at least one of the the sources of this "news" story, there are others equally as suspect, but none of them are from the AP as far as I can determine.. If you are going to copy and paste, please at least cite where you got it from.

rofllol rofllol rofllol rofllol rofllol rofllol rofllol rofllol rofllol rofllol rofllol

Careful Major Bean cuz she might just tell you to

...... go pound sand on this one

But, hey, she's Archer. The all-knowing, all-seeing Arizonian and by gosh, we just need to believe her cuz darnit, she says so!

26 Feb 2011 14:18 #29 by archer
nice try trouble....I didn't quote from a source and then not identify it....I stated an opinion, not a copy paste from an un-named source. You all asked for a source for my opinion.....and gee, I gave it to you. If I had quoted or copy-pasted from a source I would have cited it.

Care to try that spin again??????

26 Feb 2011 14:20 #30 by The Viking

archer wrote:

CriticalBill wrote: Did you read this part from your source archer?

yes I read the whole article, and many, many articles that have been in the paper...and news reports on the local news....I am not about to go searching for every one, it would be pointless anyway......God himself could back me up and the conservatives here would find a way not to believe it. Lets get real, you believe what you want to believe and no amount of information, no magic number of sources, will ever convinvce you otherwise. Not sure why I bothered to post in the first place....it's not a lot of fun to post, then get a bunch of snarky remarks about not coming up with what a conservative wants.....instantly. Some of us actually have a life, and responsibilities beyond catering to a whiny bunch of conservatives going "I'm waiting" where are you, why aren't you paying attention to me, me, me.

Tiresome, very tiresome.

Not buying it at all. My parents have lived there for the last 4 years. And they have many friends who own businesses there. My dad is about as politically savy and involved as they come and he has not heard of any of this. Other than when the law first was announced last srping and was set to be enforced in July. People fled because they were worried that they MIGHT actually enforce the law there. People started to scream and make up stories that they were WORRIED they MIGHT to be harrased so they had to leave. The liberal media grabbed onto those stories when nothing actually happened. Just a bunch of illegals claiming they THOUGHT it was going to happen. Nothing has ever happened since then other than a random person looking to bring it to attention again and claiming they felt they MIGHT have to leave becasue they MIGHT fell harrased.

No stories.......no credibility, when my family and their friends, some of whom I have known for all my life who moved there long ago to open businesses claim the opposite of you. It is the another the sky is falling story that legals have been forced to leave.

Time to create page: 0.169 seconds