Convert to Islam

28 Feb 2011 13:34 #41 by Nobody that matters

CinnamonGirl wrote: Timothy James McVeigh (April 23, 1968 – June 11, 2001) was a former member of the U.S. Army who became infamous for detonating a truck bomb in front of the Alfred P. Murrah Building in Oklahoma City on April 19, 1995. Commonly referred to as the Oklahoma City Bombing, the attack killed 168 people, injured 450, and was the deadliest act of terrorism within the United States prior to the September 11, 2001 attacks.[3] McVeigh, a militia movement sympathizer, sought revenge against the federal government for its handling of the Waco Siege, which had ended in the deaths of 76 people exactly two years earlier. He also hoped to inspire a revolt against what he considered to be a tyrannical federal government. He was convicted of 11 federal offenses and sentenced to death. His execution took place on June 11, 2001 at the Federal Correctional Complex, Terre Haute. Terry Nichols and Michael Fortier were also convicted as conspirators in the plot.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_McVeigh

I'm failing to see your point.

Not all muslims are terrorists, and not all terroists are muslim.

So what?

The fact remains that one of the basic tenant of Islam is that it is the religion to rule all other religions. At it's core, it means to dominate the world with Islamic law. I won't accept that. Ever.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Feb 2011 13:36 #42 by major bean
Replied by major bean on topic Convert to Islam
cinnimangirl, so we cannot get upset about the Islam attack on the Twin Towers because of McVeigh? That is not very sound logic.

Regards,
Major Bean

28 Feb 2011 14:51 #43 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Convert to Islam

major bean wrote: cinnimangirl, so we cannot get upset about the Islam attack on the Twin Towers because of McVeigh? That is not very sound logic.

I haven't seen anything about the Islam attack (your words) on the twin towers. All I have seen is being upset on all Muslims. (my point)

Not all muslims are terrorists, and not all terroists are muslim

My point as well.

28 Feb 2011 16:26 #44 by major bean
Replied by major bean on topic Convert to Islam
CinnamonGirl, most of the posts concerning Islam and Muslims are the news reports of their treatment of women, honor killings of women, etc. These are news reports. How does posting events become "bashing"? If these reports did not exist then I can see how it would be bashing.

If the treatment of women is not as represented in the news reports then those posts should be given which show how the subjegation of Muslim women is a false premise. It is that simple. Other than that, it is an unpleasant truth.

Regards,
Major Bean

06 Mar 2011 20:54 #45 by kresspin
Replied by kresspin on topic Convert to Islam
[youtube:nzde21uh]
[/youtube:nzde21uh]

06 Mar 2011 22:17 #46 by bailey bud
Replied by bailey bud on topic Convert to Islam
The woman who shouted "One nation under god, not allah" does not seem to understand that tens of millions of Christians (Egyptian Copic, Lebanese Maronites, and other eastern Christians) use the word "Allah" - which is simply Arabic for "God."

It's really unfortunate that these individuals have decided this crappy behavior is the least bit acceptable.

07 Mar 2011 03:28 #47 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Convert to Islam
Wadah Khanfar: A historic moment in the Arab world

As a democratic revolution led by tech-empowered young people sweeps the Arab world, Wadah Khanfar, the head of Al Jazeera, shares a profoundly optimistic view of what's happening in Egypt, Tunisia, Libya and beyond -- at this powerful moment when people realized they could step out of their houses and ask for change.

http://www.ted.com/talks/wadah_khanfar_ ... world.html

07 Mar 2011 07:09 #48 by Nobody that matters
I hope the revolutions result in real democracies, and not just swapping out one brand of repression for another.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Time to create page: 0.153 seconds