God's grace on display for the seemingly "unforgivable"

08 Mar 2011 21:13 #11 by Pony Soldier
I don't have any stories like CB's, but I have always felt strongly the same way. I think abortions should be stopped. I also think one of the only ways to accomplish this is through education and through easily available contraceptives, not though legislation.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Mar 2011 06:12 #12 by Rick

towermonkey wrote: I don't have any stories like CB's, but I have always felt strongly the same way. I think abortions should be stopped. I also think one of the only ways to accomplish this is through education and through easily available contraceptives, not though legislation.

I agree. I think when kids are old enough, they should also be taught about what an abortion really is and watch a video like this. I think this would be a great deterent for unprotected sex.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

09 Mar 2011 07:00 #13 by Mayhem

AspenValley wrote: I don't agree with attempts to force women to watch videos like this one, but I sincerely wish they would at least voluntarily educate themselves before deciding on abortion. It's a decision that can't be undone, and I know more than one woman who is greiving years later for a decision she made without really understanding what she was doing.

You would then also not agree with kids attempting to get their driver's licenses being shown videos of the consequences at excessive speed and of driving under the influence of drugs and alcohol when accidents occur. Right? You also object to these programs that take young juveniles into the hardcore prisons to be lectured by the inmates of where the path they on will lead. Right?

Libs are cowards. That is why they would rather buy meat in plastic bags than harvest it themselves. They love to pretend they are as pure as the driven snow so no matter what they do, as long as they were well intentioned, the results and consequences of their actions don't count. Because at the end of the day it is always about them.

They hate reality, because reality illuminates their failed beliefs and values (or lack thereof)

Great video.

CB that was one hell of a testament.

09 Mar 2011 08:07 #14 by AspenValley

Baileyboy wrote: You would then also not agree with kids attempting to get their driver's licenses being shown videos of the consequences at excessive speed and of driving under the influence of drugs and alcohol when accidents occur. Right? You also object to these programs that take young juveniles into the hardcore prisons to be lectured by the inmates of where the path they on will lead. Right?

Libs are cowards. That is why they would rather buy meat in plastic bags than harvest it themselves. They love to pretend they are as pure as the driven snow so no matter what they do, as long as they were well intentioned, the results and consequences of their actions don't count. Because at the end of the day it is always about them.

They hate reality, because reality illuminates their failed beliefs and values (or lack thereof)

The people who "hate reality" are those who are foolish enough to think you can categorize people into only two categories - "Us" and "Them". They are pretty easy to spot because they tend to make really moronic generalizations about the people they so categorize.

Yes, I object to forcing any kind of coercive "education" on any adult for any reason. The reason is simple. While I might agree with the slant on one issue, once you allow it in society you can't control whose message will be forced on whom and when. So while I support laws limiting abortion and making sure a woman seeking one has been given every opportunity to inform herself before deciding, I don't support what would amount to forced "re-education" sessions. While I support a person demonstrating that they can safely operate a motor vehicle before granting them a license, I don't think they should be forced to watch horror movies about traffic accidents before receiving one. And after giving it a lot of thought, I don't think anyone should be forced to take a class before obtaining a concealed carry permit, either.

So you've categorized me as a "Them" who has, in your not-so-sharp estimation "failed values" on the issue of abortion and wouldn't have the guts to harvest my own meat. That says a lot more about you than it does about me, as well as making you look like an ass in this case. Just FYI, I also have been a hunter since I was twelve years old. (Isn't that about your age, by the way? The reason I guess twelve is that is the age when most people's brains become capable of thoughts more complex than "Cons = Good, Libs = Bad".)

09 Mar 2011 08:14 #15 by AspenValley

Trouble wrote: Well, I think that's another myth generated by the pro-abortion gang. If you open the link you'll find many studies that link abortion and breast cancer.

Yes, there are people claiming the link and some studies have shown a possible link. However, more rigorous studies have failed to replicate those results. The medical consensus, at least at this time, is that there is no demonstrable link. Until there is a consensus that there is such a link, in my opinion it does more harm than good to the credibility of the pro-life movement to promote a position that is not supported by medical consensus.

09 Mar 2011 08:31 #16 by Mayhem

AspenValley wrote:

Baileyboy wrote: You would then also not agree with kids attempting to get their driver's licenses being shown videos of the consequences at excessive speed and of driving under the influence of drugs and alcohol when accidents occur. Right? You also object to these programs that take young juveniles into the hardcore prisons to be lectured by the inmates of where the path they on will lead. Right?

The people who "hate reality" are those who are foolish enough to think you can categorize people into only two categories - "Us" and "Them". They are pretty easy to spot because they tend to make really moronic generalizations about the people they so categorize.

Yes, I object to forcing any kind of coercive "education" on any adult for any reason. The reason is simple. While I might agree with the slant on one issue, once you allow it in society you can't control whose message will be forced on whom and when. So while I support laws limiting abortion and making sure a woman seeking one has been given every opportunity to inform herself before deciding, I don't support what would amount to forced "re-education" sessions. While I support a person demonstrating that they can safely operate a motor vehicle before granting them a license, I don't think they should be forced to watch horror movies about traffic accidents before receiving one. And after giving it a lot of thought, I don't think anyone should be forced to take a class before obtaining a concealed carry permit, either.

So you've categorized me as a "Them" who has, in your not-so-sharp estimation "failed values" on the issue of abortion and wouldn't have the guts to harvest my own meat. That says a lot more about you than it does about me, as well as making you look like an ass in this case. Just FYI, I also have been a hunter since I was twelve years old. (Isn't that about your age, by the way? The reason I guess twelve is that is the age when most people's brains become capable of thoughts more complex than "Cons = Good, Libs = Bad".)

Like I said, libs hate the

It exposes the flaws. That's why they

09 Mar 2011 08:35 #17 by AspenValley
I think I was mistaken about your age.

More like nine?

09 Mar 2011 08:55 #18 by Mayhem

AspenValley wrote: I think I was mistaken about your age.

More like nine?

Even if I was 1 second old, that still doesn't change your warped rationalizations you use to justify selfish pursuits. Does it? If someone points out your failure, the fact that all you have to offer in the way of rebuttal is to guess at the age of the person highlighting your failure only further serves as proof you have nothing. You are anti the idea of using tools which may actually change minds and hearts of young people simply because you are selfish and if they change their minds not be selfish in their actions, then idiots like you will become an anachronism.

09 Mar 2011 09:00 - 09 Mar 2011 09:12 #19 by AspenValley

Baileyboy wrote: idiots like you

Why don't you run along and play a video game or something? The grown-ups are trying to have a conversation here and it's obviously above your head.

09 Mar 2011 09:02 #20 by PrintSmith

AspenValley wrote: Yes, I object to forcing any kind of coercive "education" on any adult for any reason. The reason is simple. While I might agree with the slant on one issue, once you allow it in society you can't control whose message will be forced on whom and when. So while I support laws limiting abortion and making sure a woman seeking one has been given every opportunity to inform herself before deciding, I don't support what would amount to forced "re-education" sessions. While I support a person demonstrating that they can safely operate a motor vehicle before granting them a license, I don't think they should be forced to watch horror movies about traffic accidents before receiving one. And after giving it a lot of thought, I don't think anyone should be forced to take a class before obtaining a concealed carry permit, either.

Well said AV. The purpose of education is to endow minds with the ability to reason and solve problems that they encounter during the course of their lives. Its purpose must always remain to show one how to think, not what to think. When the purpose becomes telling one what to think, it is indoctrination, not education.

Time to create page: 0.177 seconds