God's grace on display for the seemingly "unforgivable"

08 Mar 2011 15:00 #1 by Nmysys
God's redeeming grace on display for the seemingly "unforgivable"....
by Kevin Mcgary on Tuesday, March 8, 2011 at 2:14pm

Instanity! deals with many of our current social issues and agendas. In one section of the book, it chronicles the diabolical deeds of a person who in his misguided zeal, admitted to being a killer, a liar, and master manipulator. To confirm, this man (by his own estimate) killed over 75,000 babies, brazenly lied to the American public and the U.S. Supreme court, and he single-handedly concocted a "nifty" cliche strategically targeted to manipulate a woman's emotional sensibilities (with the term "woman s right to choose"). He was a real zealot! With the advent of sonogram/ultrasound technology however, Bernard Nathanson was able to confirm for himself that life begins at conception, and that indeed he was a killer (his terms) of over 75,000. He repented, relented, and confessed his evil deeds used to fully unleash and enable the scourge of abortion in America. Though we are all still paying the very high price (as a nation) for his evil deeds, and may find it hard to forgive his seemingly unforgivable acts, we know have a forgiving God who can see beyond Mr. Nathanson's deeds and welcome him home...Please read the following note about Mr Nathanson's recent death:

"Dr. Bernard Nathanson described himself as a man who 'helped usher in this barbaric age' of abortion-on-demand, 'the most atrocious holocaust in the history of the United States.' As one of the founders of the National Association for the Repeal of Abortion Laws (now called NARAL) ... he paved the way for Roe v. Wade. Yet his funeral was filled with pro-life activists. ... He committed his last abortion in 1979. Certain that it would convince others that abortion destroys a living being who can feel pain, he narrated the film 'Silent Scream,' which showed the aborting of a 12-week-old baby. As the baby recoils from the deadly instruments and opens his mouth, Nathanson states, 'This is the silent scream of a child threatened imminently with extinction.' ... The abortionist who made up lies to legitimize abortion, now spread the truth to save lives. ... On February 21, 2011, he succumbed to cancer at age 84. Dr. Nathanson's life is testimony of the power of God's grace, the power of truth. It is a profound encouragement that just as God created us, He can re-create any one of us, no matter the depth of our sin." --columnist Wendy Wright

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Mar 2011 16:37 #2 by Obam me
Oh my gosh Nmysys...your post has me in tears.

Here is the Silent Scream video you mentioned. If this doesn't change :heart: 's then nothing will.

[youtube:9uccep02]
[/youtube:9uccep02]

Thank you for the reminder of just how precious life is, born and unborn.

08 Mar 2011 16:55 #3 by major bean
Can this be viewed without creating a YouTube account?

Regards,
Major Bean

08 Mar 2011 17:08 #4 by Rick
When I was 20, I got my girlfriend pregnant. I remember how easy it was to pay the $200 to make the "problem" go away. I had great concern for my girl's health and the trauma that proceedure would have on her. She was far less concerned than I was because two of her friends had recent abortions with no ill effects. We broke up soon after.

A few years later we ran into each other at a mall and decided to have lunch and catch up since the breakup was mutual and there were no hard feelings. The conversation soon led us to that day at the abortion clinic. After talking about the child that could have been, we both became very emotional....it was almost unbearable. That was the first and only time in my adult life that I cried in a public place. It wasn't that I missed her or she missed me, we just knew what we did was wrong and there was no way to make it right. Neither one of us was religious but we knew there should have been another person on the earth that we were responsible for creating.

Today I stilll wonder how easy that mutual decision would have been had we seen a video like this first. Just like with war, it's much more tolerable just to hear news reports about the deaths but if you see with your own eyes the horror man has invented, you quickly change your acceptance of it. I don't remember my rationale for accepting the abortion as neccesary, but I'm sure I thought it was just some meaningless little blob. Ten years later when my wife became pregnant and I watched the ultrasound, I knew I was wrong.

I know my life would be much different today had the child been born...maybe better, maybe worse. The fact is, I will always feel the guilt of sacrificing another life for the benefit of my own. I know my hand did not directly take the life, but I never fought for it like I would do for my kids today. She would have done it without my say or my money but that makes me no more innocent, I too just wanted "it" to go away.

There are certain things in life we should all know are instinctively wrong without a religious book telling us. I believe this is the worst of man's inventions, and if there is a God, I don't think this was part of the grand plan.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJzSiAPXTiQ (don't worry, it's only an ultrasound visual of a 12 week abortion)

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

08 Mar 2011 17:09 #5 by Rick

major bean wrote: Can this be viewed without creating a YouTube account?

Yes, hit the link in my above post.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

08 Mar 2011 17:24 #6 by AspenValley
I don't agree with attempts to force women to watch videos like this one, but I sincerely wish they would at least voluntarily educate themselves before deciding on abortion. It's a decision that can't be undone, and I know more than one woman who is greiving years later for a decision she made without really understanding what she was doing.

08 Mar 2011 18:20 #7 by Obam me

CriticalBill wrote: When I was 20, I got my girlfriend pregnant. I remember how easy it was to pay the $200 to make the "problem" go away. I had great concern for my girl's health and the trauma that proceedure would have on her. She was far less concerned than I was because two of her friends had recent abortions with no ill effects. We broke up soon after.

A few years later we ran into each other at a mall and decided to have lunch and catch up since the breakup was mutual and there were no hard feelings. The conversation soon led us to that day at the abortion clinic. After talking about the child that could have been, we both became very emotional....it was almost unbearable. That was the first and only time in my adult life that I cried in a public place. It wasn't that I missed her or she missed me, we just knew what we did was wrong and there was no way to make it right. Neither one of us was religious but we knew there should have been another person on the earth that we were responsible for creating.

Today I stilll wonder how easy that mutual decision would have been had we seen a video like this first. Just like with war, it's much more tolerable just to hear news reports about the deaths but if you see with your own eyes the horror man has invented, you quickly change your acceptance of it. I don't remember my rationale for accepting the abortion as neccesary, but I'm sure I thought it was just some meaningless little blob. Ten years later when my wife became pregnant and I watched the ultrasound, I knew I was wrong.

I know my life would be much different today had the child been born...maybe better, maybe worse. The fact is, I will always feel the guilt of sacrificing another life for the benefit of my own. I know my hand did not directly take the life, but I never fought for it like I would do for my kids today. She would have done it without my say or my money but that makes me no more innocent, I too just wanted "it" to go away.

There are certain things in life we should all know are instinctively wrong without a religious book telling us. I believe this is the worst of man's inventions, and if there is a God, I don't think this was part of the grand plan.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJzSiAPXTiQ (don't worry, it's only an ultrasound visual of a 12 week abortion)

When I was young I too thought it was just a "blob" because that's what we were told by school counselors, the folks at Planned Parenthood, etc. I really didn't think much of it when my friends had abortions. I trust your story has the power to change hearts! Thanks so much for sharing!

08 Mar 2011 18:23 #8 by Obam me

I don't agree with attempts to force women to watch videos like this one,

Why not? If you really care about the unborn and the long-term pain and suffering women experience after an abortion, why wouldn't you want them to be required to watch a video like this? And I read again the other day that breast cancer can be attributed to abortion. Just wondering...

08 Mar 2011 18:45 #9 by AspenValley

Trouble wrote:

I don't agree with attempts to force women to watch videos like this one,

Why not? If you really care about the unborn and the long-term pain and suffering women experience after an abortion, why wouldn't you want them to be required to watch a video like this? And I read again the other day that breast cancer can be attributed to abortion. Just wondering...

Because I don't believe in coercion, I believe in education. By the way, breast cancer can not be "attributed to abortion". That's misinformation, not education. I don't think scare tactics or politicized coercive appeals will end abortion, it only hardens opinions on both sides of the divide.

When those who support abortion on demand start talking about a fetus being "just a clump of cells", I call them on it as not being scientifically accurate. And I call people on the other side of the debate when they cross the line into misinformation (like claiming abortion causes breast cancer) or into pushing for what I see as unacceptably intrusive governmental actions like forcing women to watch a video.

Yes, I really do care about the unborn, and yes I really do care about the pain women who have had abortions have endured as the result of not being fully informed about the procedure and its implications. I just don't happen to agree that passing laws forcing women to watch a video is going to change hearts on this issue.

08 Mar 2011 19:40 #10 by Obam me
I wonder how many women today wish they had been "coereced" to watch an abortion video prior to making their life and death decision? Call it what you want. I call it providing accurate, visual information.

By the way, breast cancer can not be "attributed to abortion". That's misinformation, not education. I don't think scare tactics or politicized coercive appeals will end abortion, it only hardens opinions on both sides of the divide.

Well, I think that's another myth generated by the pro-abortion gang. If you open the link you'll find many studies that link abortion and breast cancer.

Early in October 2006, a meta-analysis of nearly two dozen studies was published in the journal, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, showing that oral contraceptive (OC) use is associated with an increased risk of breast cancer later in life. [1]

The biological basis for such a link is the same as the biological basis for an abortion-breast cancer link. Both links involve an overexposure to the hormone estrogen (a hormone and a known carcinogen).
http://www.abortionbreastcancer.com/ABC ... /index.htm

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds