Gingrich: Love of country contributed to affair

10 Mar 2011 07:22 #11 by FredHayek

AspenValley wrote: What I can't figure out is how Newt manages to find women willing to fool around with him. It's one of those mysteries, like how Henry Kissinger used to always have gorgeous women fighting to hang on his arm.

I mean....look at him. Most women would rather sleep with a blow up plastic man-doll.

rofllol
Have to agree. Undateable, unelectable and delusional.

Right now I am liking Huntsman and Romney but I think it is a weak field for sure, but if unemployment stays high and gas prices rise, a weak Republican could beat Obama.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Mar 2011 07:34 #12 by 2wlady
There are women who get turned on by what they perceive as power, as in the Speaker of the House or the Pres. Doesn't matter how many times the guy (or woman) sleeps around.

What's the big deal about this? Republicans say it's OK for their members (pun intended) to sleep around. Forgiveness is the Christian way, remember? It's just that Dems can't be forgiven for what they do.

10 Mar 2011 07:40 #13 by LadyJazzer
"Aw, honey, lemme whisper the Pledge of Allegiance in your ear... You can call me 'Sam'... Here, put on on this cute little head-thingy with the pointy-spikes on the crown made out of foam-rubber... I borrowed it from Clarence Thomas' wife..."

I guess they just can't help themselves... rofllol :lol: rofllol :lol:

10 Mar 2011 07:52 #14 by FredHayek

2wlady wrote: There are women who get turned on by what they perceive as power, as in the Speaker of the House or the Pres. Doesn't matter how many times the guy (or woman) sleeps around.

What's the big deal about this? Republicans say it's OK for their members (pun intended) to sleep around. Forgiveness is the Christian way, remember? It's just that Dems can't be forgiven for what they do.

I have to disagree with you. Remember the Craiglist Photo rep(R) a month ago, 2 days after the story broke he was gone.
Teddy Kennedy(D) was allowed to booze and whore around Washington with no repercussions for decades.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

10 Mar 2011 08:04 #15 by V_A
It is funny how this has become so polarized.

Bottom line, Newt made a very stupid comment. It doesn't matter what party he is a member of, stupid is stupid. Just to ensure this is viewed as a balanced attack on stupid, the other major party that Newt doesn't belong to has their fair share of people making stupid comments and performing stupid actions.

10 Mar 2011 10:08 #16 by outdoor338
AV, your speaking from personal experience about your blow up doll, interesting! :VeryScared:

10 Mar 2011 10:11 #17 by outdoor338
X_P, I think folks on both sides mess up..kennedy comes to my mind, why? Someone died as a result. I feel anyone who cheats will lie about anything to cover it up. Newt, clinton, there is a long..long list of people I would not trust being in office..

10 Mar 2011 10:34 - 10 Mar 2011 10:44 #18 by AspenValley

outdoor338 wrote: X_P, I think folks on both sides mess up..kennedy comes to my mind, why? Someone died as a result. I feel anyone who cheats will lie about anything to cover it up. Newt, clinton, there is a long..long list of people I would not trust being in office..

Considering that almost 2/3 of married men ADMIT they have cheated...is it any surprise that some of them are in political office? Cheating isn't something I admire, far from it, in fact it would be a total deal-breaker to me, but the fact is, I appear to be in the minority on that opinion. It's just too common to it a make a criteria for who should be in office or not. Few enough sane, halfway informed people are willing to run for office as it is. If we cut out all the cheaters there would be almost no one left. So I don't cut Newt out of the running just for his history as a philanderer - although I sure as hell wouldn't marry him.

10 Mar 2011 10:36 #19 by LadyJazzer
Kennedy and Clinton aren't running for President in 2012.

10 Mar 2011 10:41 #20 by kresspin

neptunechimney wrote:

Nmysys wrote: LJ must think he is or wouldn't be attacking him so early in the game. Kind of reminds me of how the attacks started instantly on Palin, for fear that she would win the hearts and minds of Conservatives and Independents.

Eerily similar, wouldn't you say?

Nah, it is just a conditioned reflex to anyone whose name ends in R. Like Pavblov and his dogs.

If you were honest, you'd admit that works both ways and not just one way, as you point out.

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds