Gingrich: Love of country contributed to affair

09 Mar 2011 16:00 #1 by LadyJazzer

Gingrich: Love of country contributed to affair

WASHINGTON — Newt Gingrich says his passion for his country contributed to his marital infidelity. In an interview posted Wednesday by The Christian Broadcasting Network, Gingrich — who recently converted to Catholicism — said he had sought God's forgiveness for mistakes in his past.

"There's no question at times of my life, partially driven by how passionately I felt about this country, that I worked far too hard and things happened in my life that were not appropriate," Gingrich said.

"What I can tell you is that when I did things that were wrong, I wasn't trapped in situation ethics, I was doing things that were wrong, and yet, I was doing them," he said. "I found that I felt compelled to seek God's forgiveness. Not God's understanding, but God's forgiveness."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41992152/ns ... sion_2012/

You can't make this stuff up...... rofllol :lol: rofllol :lol:

"My love of country made me do it..." (Dang, where is that flag when you need to wave it...)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Mar 2011 18:26 #2 by Rick
Well at least he's admitted what he did was wrong... did we every hear an explanation from that guy that was president for 8 years and cheated multiple times with multiple women, then looked straight into the camera and lied to us? Hmmm, what was that guys name? Bill something.....there's something Hollywood won't touch...I wonder why?

You may want to save major outrages like this in case Gingrich actually becomes relevant sometime in the future...you'll need all the ammo you can muster to make him look worse than Obama. rofllol rofllol :lol:

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

09 Mar 2011 18:28 #3 by major bean
Gingrich is not electable. The Republicans are about to shoot themselves in the foot if this yahoo is the candidate.

Regards,
Major Bean

09 Mar 2011 18:37 #4 by LadyJazzer
And he loved his country so much he was schtupping around on his own wife while whining about Bill....

God, that takes chutzpah...(and hypocrisy...) rofllol :lol:

Newt "Sanctity-of-Marriage" Gingrich... I almost hope he runs more than I do Palin... rofllol

09 Mar 2011 18:46 #5 by LadyJazzer
I forget... Was Newt schtupping around on Wife-#1 while chasing soon-to-be Wife-#2? Or was he schtupping around on Wife-#2 while chasing soon-to-be Wife-#3?

09 Mar 2011 20:14 #6 by Nmysys
LJ must think he is or wouldn't be attacking him so early in the game. Kind of reminds me of how the attacks started instantly on Palin, for fear that she would win the hearts and minds of Conservatives and Independents.

Eerily similar, wouldn't you say?

09 Mar 2011 20:24 #7 by LadyJazzer
If the conservatives hearts and minds can be "won" by someone as morally bankrupt as Newt Gingrich, and as looney-tunes as Half-Governor Moosemeat, then I PRAY that they win the nomination!!.... REALLY!!!

09 Mar 2011 21:22 #8 by navycpo7

LadyJazzer wrote: If the conservatives hearts and minds can be "won" by someone as morally bankrupt as Newt Gingrich, and as looney-tunes as Half-Governor Moosemeat, then I PRAY that they win the nomination!!.... REALLY!!!

Any one with just a pinch of common sense knows gingrich is about a worst case there ever was/. Of course is a close race between him and sarah

09 Mar 2011 21:35 #9 by Blazer Bob

Nmysys wrote: LJ must think he is or wouldn't be attacking him so early in the game. Kind of reminds me of how the attacks started instantly on Palin, for fear that she would win the hearts and minds of Conservatives and Independents.

Eerily similar, wouldn't you say?

Nah, it is just a conditioned reflex to anyone whose name ends in R. Like Pavblov and his dogs.

10 Mar 2011 07:15 #10 by AspenValley
What I can't figure out is how Newt manages to find women willing to fool around with him. It's one of those mysteries, like how Henry Kissinger used to always have gorgeous women fighting to hang on his arm.

I mean....look at him. Most women would rather sleep with a blow up plastic man-doll.

Time to create page: 0.180 seconds