Gingrich: Love of country contributed to affair

10 Mar 2011 10:42 #21 by outdoor338
History of cheaters LJ, so your saying because they are out of office, what they did is OK with you?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Mar 2011 10:43 #22 by outdoor338
AV, cheating is a deal breaker, the lies that go with cheating are deep and grow with time. Many of us have seen it happen in our lives..I agree with you!

10 Mar 2011 10:58 #23 by kresspin

SS109 wrote: Right now I am liking Huntsman and Romney but I think it is a weak field for sure, but if unemployment stays high and gas prices rise, a weak Republican could beat Obama.

Romney won't get the nod, the real conservatives will see to that. He has the liberal Mass. health care law to thank for that.

I'll have to look into Huntsman.

I don't see this as easy at task as you see it. It will take a strong conservative candidate who attracts voters from both sides to beat Obama -- a sitting wartime president. He's a formidable opponent, no matter what how partisans paint him. You have to remember, a lot of voters support the health care bill and who are benefiting from it. Voter history has shown wartime presidents don't get voted out of office. Perhaps that's why he's keeping the wars going.

10 Mar 2011 11:01 #24 by HEARTLESS
A turd in a punchbowl would be more popular than Obombout.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

10 Mar 2011 11:02 #25 by Blazer Bob

kresspin wrote: [ Voter history has shown wartime presidents don't get voted out of office. Perhaps that's why he's keeping the wars going.

I thought I was cynical. I pass the baton to you.

Edit: It did not work for LBJ.

10 Mar 2011 11:07 #26 by AspenValley

neptunechimney wrote:

kresspin wrote: [ Voter history has shown wartime presidents don't get voted out of office. Perhaps that's why he's keeping the wars going.

I'm probably even more cyncial. I think he's keeping the wars going at least partly on purpose, too, but not for something as simple as to get re-elected. I have to give Bush II credit for one thing, it was a brilliant strategy to declare an unending and unendable "war on terror". Why? Wars are immensely profitable to the powers that elect a President (and yes, a President with either an R or a D after their name).

I'd highly recommend reading "The Shock Doctrine" for an explanation of just HOW brilliant that move was and just how much it has created enormous "opportunities" for Bush and Obama cronies alike. (I don't happen to think it's any accident that Obama has surrounded himself with re-treads from the likes of Goldman Sachs.)

10 Mar 2011 11:17 #27 by kresspin

neptunechimney wrote:

There's always going to be something or someone who doesn't fit a scenario.

10 Mar 2011 11:23 #28 by FredHayek

HEARTLESS wrote: A turd in a punchbowl would be more popular than Obombout.

I wish you were right, but his approval numbers in a tough economy with record unemployment are still above 40%.

Maybe Obama distancing himself from most legislation might give him a teflon coat. And he will already be re-elected before people find out what a disaster Obamacare will be, smart move.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

10 Mar 2011 11:31 #29 by HEARTLESS
Stock market just dropped below 12,000 due to jobless claims, now add in fuel costs, woo hoo the train is heading straight down the tubes and America has a little over two years to vote again. If politicians can't make the cuts, see what happens when the taxes aren't coming in anymore.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

10 Mar 2011 11:37 #30 by LadyJazzer
Yep, the current quote, as far as I can tell, is 12,071...And isn't it fascinating how the Wall Street futures-manipulators can artificially drive up the prices to get even richer, when there is NO shortage in the supply... Gotta love it.

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds