Gas Price up 67% Since Obama Elected!!

10 Mar 2011 16:09 #11 by Nmysys
Kresspin:

Let me set you straight on something. Obama is the Messiah of the left. My Messiah has yet to come.

Since you have changed your screen name from some other one, let me familiarize you with a statement I made in June of last year, and have had to repeat for Liberals many times since. I am sick and tired of the rhetoric of both major parties.

George Bush did though have to contend with 9/11, which most of you have forgotten. RANT ON!!

PS:

Finally someone is actually debating the issue. Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Mar 2011 16:11 #12 by Blazer Bob
Doubling the SPR would probably cost a trillion or more.

10 Mar 2011 16:25 #13 by AspenValley
PS, while "Drill now" may seem to solve the problem in the short term, in effect it only kicks the problem a little farther down the road and lets us all delay even longer preparing for the day of reckoning which is not far ahead of us. The truth is, which no politician of any stripe of which I am aware has the balls to talk about, is that due to most of the "easy stuff" already being drilled, the cost and difficulty and costly risks (BP oil platform blowout, anyone?) of extracting oil is going up exponentially. It is a mathematical certainty that we are going to reach a point, and soon, where the cost of extracting oil rises so high that it is effectively the same as running out of oil. Long before that point, our economy will be totally tanked anyway because oil is what drives production.

I also have serious doubts as to the honesty of such entities as the Saudis when it comes to their figures on oil reserves. I don't think they have nearly as much as they say they do, and when they can no longer hide that fact, it is going to cause chaos in markets all over the world, including ours.

10 Mar 2011 17:35 #14 by kresspin

Nmysys wrote: Since you have changed your screen name from some other one,

Sorry to burst your preconception but I signed up as Kresspin and have never changed my screen name. My nick is the phonetic spelling of my real name.

re: your Messiah. It doesn't matter what YOU believe. What matters is what I THINK you believe, so I can then criticize your for it. I'm taking a page from your playbook.

10 Mar 2011 18:07 #15 by Nmysys
If what you say is true, then you wouldn't know My Playbook if you sat on it. Oh darn, did I say that? There goes my anger management approach. Actually it is quite mild compared to how I have been in the past.

That does sound like most of the Liberals on here though, it being what you believe that counts Scruffy.

Think what you will!! No big deal. Nice to have another Liberal on here though. It is starting to be an even game now.

10 Mar 2011 19:12 #16 by kresspin
Sorry Dude. I'm not a liberal, unless you consider being open minded liberal.

But rather than deflect, why not address the fact that gas went up something like 300% under Bush?

10 Mar 2011 20:07 #17 by Pony Soldier
Lib, Con, RINO, etc. are all labels that were dreamed up to keep us distracted. If we're fighting each other, they can plunder the treasury. I know everyone on here thinks I'm a conspiracy nut, but I'll accept that and any other labels you want to throw at me. Just think about what has happened to the deficit in the last 4 years and why.

10 Mar 2011 20:10 #18 by Nmysys
TM:

I actually agree with every word.

Kresspin:

But rather than deflect, why not address the fact that gas went up something like 300% under Bush?

I already did. Have you said anything worthwhile about the OP? No, why should you expect me to answer you then? Liberal!!!

10 Mar 2011 20:22 #19 by navycpo7
some interesting reading on the prices of oil.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/bus ... +Energy%29

As I have no clue about how oil prices go etc, this was somewhat interesting.

10 Mar 2011 21:58 #20 by kresspin

Nmysys wrote:

Liberal!!!

Actually, I'm more of a neo-con. But you spit that out like it's a bad word. It's no different that calling someone a conservative. They are the right and left political movements in the U.S.

Guess what? That's the way it's supposed to be in the United States of America. The Founding Fathers never intended one political persuasion to be the model for this country. If you want to live in a one-party country, maybe you should move.

(Only I wish there were a few more political parties).

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds