Gas Price up 67% Since Obama Elected!!

10 Mar 2011 23:22 #21 by Jekyll
From what I've read on Drudge (yeah, it's my fav), price per barrel of crude is at it's highest since '08. ?????? So that means that we've seen these prices before? *GASP!!!!* When it hits six bucks, then everyone'll have a right to (female dog). I remember paying over four dollars in some places. Geeze louise.... "Obama! Obama! Fu$%#@ bastard Obama!" Give me a FREAKING BREAK! They all SUCK GOATS!! We need to stop bickering amongst ourselves and band together or we're doomed people, DOOMED!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Mar 2011 05:27 #22 by guntottingliberal
I remember in 2008 when gas prices hit $4 a gallon. I guess dubya (the oil man) was doing all that he could to keep prices down for us little folk.

This is a thread for short memories!

11 Mar 2011 05:38 #23 by outdoor338
or for those who want to turn their head and look the other way as gas prices rise under obama's watch! Why is the liberal media not talking about obama as they did bush when gas prices go up? Right Guntottingliberal! :biggrin: :popcorn:

11 Mar 2011 05:50 #24 by guntottingliberal
Maybe when it hits $4 a gallon they will. Still has $0.75 to go. Is Fox talking about Obama?

11 Mar 2011 07:12 #25 by FredHayek

Jekyll wrote: From what I've read on Drudge (yeah, it's my fav), price per barrel of crude is at it's highest since '08. ?????? So that means that we've seen these prices before? *GASP!!!!* When it hits six bucks, then everyone'll have a right to (female dog). I remember paying over four dollars in some places. Geeze louise.... "Obama! Obama! Fu$%#@ bastard Obama!" Give me a FREAKING BREAK! They all SUCK GOATS!! We need to stop bickering amongst ourselves and band together or we're doomed people, DOOMED!

You are correct, gas prices have been higher, but that was back when people actually had jobs!
Obama, who in speeches doesn't think high gas prices are a bad thing, gives us high gas prices and no jobs.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

11 Mar 2011 08:18 #26 by BearMtnHIB

or for those who want to turn their head and look the other way as gas prices rise under obama's watch! Why is the liberal media not talking about obama as they did bush when gas prices go up? Right Guntottingliberal!

Funny how a few years ago when oil spiked up to 140 - every liberal on the planet was blaming Bush- I see no such whining today about Obama. It was all Bush's fault - and Bush and his buddies were doing it just to stick it to us.

At least Bush was not anti-oil. Obama has done everything in his power to shut down domestic oil production - including bad mouthing oil companies in his speeches, saying things like "oil companied don't need tax breaks - they are doing just fine".

The fact is folks - that Obama is not doing anything to help oil prices. Through his policies he is keeping them high. His administration is on record saying things like "more domestic drilling will not help the situation" - in fact the laws of supply and demand say the opposite - the more oil on the market - the more supply - the lower the price.

I don't know who he's trying to fool - any additional supply puts pressure downward on prices. He's costing us all a mint with these bullsh*t policies! And even if drilling won't bring the price down today - it shure would help in the future so why is he damaging our future?

Because he wants higher prices. It's all part of the liberal agenda, make conventional energy so expensive that higher priced alternatives look economical. In the mean time we all get to pay more for energy.

Speculation in the market has been proven to have no adverse long term affect on oil prices. People who have bought into this argument simply do not understand economics or how our market system works. It has been spouted by many a liberal politician - but the economic reality is that our system of speculation is what keeps constant downward pressure on prices.

Speculators do guess on what commodity prices will be in the short term future - if they guess correctly, there is money to be made - and if they guess incorrectly, lots to be lost.

Supply and demand is what determines the actual price - speculators can not and do not affect the reality - overall they can not change the price of oil. This has been shown in study after study to be the truth of the matter.

So the next time you hear some politician blame speculators for high oil prices - educate yourself on economics - speculation keeps prices in line with supply and demand - it does not affect the price of commodities like oil.

11 Mar 2011 08:58 #27 by ScienceChic
It's the Dems AND Reps faults for continuing our oil dependence, even though every president since at least Nixon has called for creating our energy independence in pretty little speeches.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

11 Mar 2011 09:03 #28 by AspenValley

Science Chic wrote: It's the Dems AND Reps faults for continuing our oil dependence, even though every president since at least Nixon has called for creating our energy independence in pretty little speeches.

The reason it never goes farther than "pretty little speeches" is because the only way we could have "energy independence" would involve changing almost everything about the way we live and do business. Lots of sacrifices, lots of inconvenience, lots of investment diverted from more profitable endeavers into new technology that might not at first return much. And in all fairness, so long as there is still cheap oil out there, that would put us at a competitive disadvantage with the rest of the world. The problem with playing it the way we have is that when oil gets too expensive to base our whole way of life on it, there is going to be HELL to pay. We won't have made the adjustments either psychologically, economically or technologically and we may be in for a fast-crash scenario when TSHTF on the end of the Oil Age.

11 Mar 2011 09:12 #29 by Pony Soldier
Hydrogen is the direction we should be looking.

http://spie.org/documents/Newsroom/Impo ... -02-26.pdf

11 Mar 2011 09:15 #30 by ScienceChic
AV, I absolutely agree. And with the Reps moving from their usual delaying tactics on environmental issues to full-out reverse (ie it used to be "there's not enough data, we need more research to answer these questions", now it's "we're gutting the EPA and restricting the Clean Air Act, and removing funding for satellites that would help answer these questions cuz we wanna bury our heads in the sand further"), and the Dems playing glad-handing wishy-washy corporate tit sucking a-holes (Rep Rockefeller introduced legislation that is "more palatable than Upton's and Inhofe's bills b/c it places only a 2 year limit on the EPA regulating GHGs"), it's gonna be uglier and more costly now than it should've been.

TM - yes, hydrogen needs to be a significant proportion of a clean energy package. No one road (eg solar, wind, geothermal, wave kinetics, nuclear) will fill our energy needs.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.167 seconds