Guess which IREA Director supported the following...

10 Mar 2011 20:55 #1 by guntottingliberal
Notifiying members of Board elections.
Posting Board agendas on the web.
Allowing members to address the Board at the monthly meetings.
Posting Board contact information on our website.
Posting Board meeting minutes on the web.

Lack of support for these measures by the rest of the Board is shameful. Your money was spent trying to stop legislation granting these basic rights. A vote for me will help ensure you maintain your rights.

If you guessed...

James Dozier District 2

Eugene Sperry District 3

Timothy White District 4

Bruff Shea District 5

Sidney Hanks District 6

James Anest District 7

... you would be wrong. They all voted against HB1098 that requires all of Colorado's REAs to provide these basic rights to member-owners (us). Mike Kempe in District 1 ( . ) was the ONLY director that supported improving your rights as an IREA member-owner.

I provided the email addresses of all the board members so you can either email Mike Kempe and thank him for standing up for your rights and trying to bring openness and transparency to the management of IREA. Or your can email the other 6 directors and ask them what it is that they feel so compelled to hide from you. If they truly care about what the member-owners want then they should not have fought against us being able to contact them. They should not have fought against making the meeting minutes public and easily accessible. They should not have fought against member-owners addressing the board and the monthly meetings. I don't know about the rest of you but I am a big boy and I don't need to be protected from knowing what goes on at IREA. IREA ballots will be coming out this week or next. Keep and eye out for them give it some thought before you fill it out or before you just throw it away. Its your IREA!

"If you aren't outraged, then you aren't paying attention" to IREA management.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Mar 2011 21:16 #2 by guntottingliberal
Correction to my post. James Anest was not a director at the time that 6 of the 7 directors voted against your basic rights. George Hier was director of district 7 at the time of the vote. My apologies to James Anest.

14 Mar 2011 16:45 #3 by LadyJazzer
I finally received my IREA ballot. Thanks for the heads-up... I definitely voted for CHANGE this time. Hopefully, 10 years of manipulating the system for one's own personal gain will come to a screeching halt.

14 Mar 2011 16:53 #4 by Nmysys
Very interesting! I can learn all kinds of things about smear campaigns by reading your posts and your associate.

BTW since LJ always votes for CHANGE and HOPE, you haven't accomplished a lot with her endorsement or her vote.

14 Mar 2011 17:04 #5 by LadyJazzer
Then don't vote the way I did... Duh...

14 Mar 2011 18:07 #6 by Mayhem
Another vote for Duke. :Happywave: :party . Serious times require serious men, not students :lol:

14 Mar 2011 19:44 #7 by Surveyor
Yeah, serious good ol' boys who use our money to pay their buddies huge bonuses...time to get rid of Duke. At least a student won't be so smug about how he spends OUR money.

14 Mar 2011 20:26 #8 by LadyJazzer
Yeah, I voted for him because he is the "NOT-Duke" candidate.

15 Mar 2011 06:02 #9 by guntottingliberal

Nmysys wrote: Very interesting! I can learn all kinds of things about smear campaigns by reading your posts and your associate.

BTW since LJ always votes for CHANGE and HOPE, you haven't accomplished a lot with her endorsement or her vote.

Facts are facts. It isn't a smear campaign to point out someone's voting record. Just call up Mr. Dozier and ask him how he voted on the issue. Or go to IREA and look at the meeting minutes. I would say look at them online, but only the meeting minutes since HB1098 (which Mr. Dozier and 5 of the 6 other board members were against) are required to be posted on line. IREA won't post any pre-HB1098 meeting minutes online. We all know that putting a link on a website to a .pdf document that is already in their computer system will greatly drive up the cost of our electricity.

So I challenge IREA management: If you are for openness, post all your past meeting minutes online, in full, no deletions.

15 Mar 2011 07:47 #10 by Grady
I have a question for all of you who have fought against the "party machine", "the politics as usual". For those of you who are actively involved in demanding accountability and transparency from our elected representatives are you staying with the status quo?

Time to create page: 0.175 seconds