This is What Happens When Republicans Get Milquetoast

16 Mar 2011 09:44 #1 by kresspin
There is new polling out today making its way around the bathrooms of House and Senate Republican leaders. After weeks and weeks of bending over backwards to try to show they were willing to compromise on everything, guess what?

The public thinks the GOP hasn’t been compromising enough.

House Republican Leaders who are more concerned with image than principle are going to fall all over themselves with this polling in a rush to compromise more. Here’s the problem I see.

House Republicans have been muddying the water so much since November and painting their policy positions in pale pastels. The public voted in November with bright colors — mostly in red. The public wants Washington to stop its profligate spending. The public wants bright colors, not pastels.

http://www.redstate.com/erick/2011/03/1 ... lquetoast/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Mar 2011 11:30 #2 by FredHayek
I know many on the Right are upset with Boehner for not making huge cuts of 100 billion, but he has to get these though a Dem Senate and President who will be able to boast that the Republicans have shut down the goverment again.

I think the GOP needs to take what they can get, NPR? PBS? Cowboy Poetry shutdown? and wait for 2012 and winning the Senate back and possibly the Presidency before they go crazy.
If the GOP pushes that they tried to cut taxes andd the debt but the Dems wouldn't go along, that should win them points in 2012.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

16 Mar 2011 11:37 #3 by Blazer Bob

SS109 wrote: I know many on the Right are upset with Boehner for not making huge cuts of 100 billion, but he has to get these though a Dem Senate and President who will be able to boast that the Republicans have shut down the goverment again.

I think the GOP needs to take what they can get, NPR? PBS? Cowboy Poetry shutdown? and wait for 2012 and winning the Senate back and possibly the Presidency before they go crazy.
If the GOP pushes that they tried to cut taxes andd the debt but the Dems wouldn't go along, that should win them points in 2012.

I think it will win them primary challenges.

Some in GOP grow tired of right wing
By: Marin Cogan and Jake Sherman
March 16, 2011 04:33 AM EDT

Some veteran Republican House members are pushing back against conservative deficit hawks who are pushing for endlessly deep spending cuts, saying the right wing of the party is creating unnecessary divisions for the GOP majority.

http://dyn.politico.com/printstory.cfm? ... 40A713F6DD

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds