Guild Wants Boycott of Huffington Post

18 Mar 2011 21:26 #11 by Residenttroll returns

kresspin wrote: Are you really as stupid as you post or is it just an act?

What the heck are you talking about? HuffPo had a stable of 20 year newspaper writing veterans. You suggested they were "donating" their services for resume building.... so who's the stupid asking me questions?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Mar 2011 21:26 #12 by Residenttroll returns

kresspin wrote: Are you really as stupid as you post or is it just an act?

What the heck are you talking about? HuffPo had a stable of 20 year newspaper writing veterans. You suggested they were "donating" their services for resume building.... so who's the stupid asking me questions?

18 Mar 2011 21:38 #13 by archer
It sounds a lot like that time honored capitolistic tradition where businesses take on unpaid interns so they can learn the the business and hopefully get offered a paying position.

18 Mar 2011 21:45 #14 by LadyJazzer

archer wrote: It sounds a lot like that time honored capitolistic tradition where businesses take on unpaid interns so they can learn the the business and hopefully get offered a paying position.

Which is what my company does... We hire 2-5 interns per site to work for the summer...(and they are PAID)...to learn the business...And if they're good, they get offered a position that pays even better.

18 Mar 2011 21:47 #15 by Residenttroll returns

archer wrote: It sounds a lot like that time honored capitolistic tradition where businesses take on unpaid interns so they can learn the the business and hopefully get offered a paying position.

I bet there are more interns at NPR and PBS stations per capita than at publicly held radio stations.....

Internships are good to gain experience.....doubtful that you could even prove veterans in a field are having to intern for experience.... unless you are a stupid liberal who is sold out for a cause to kill capitalism and America.

18 Mar 2011 21:53 #16 by Residenttroll returns

LadyJazzer wrote:

Which is what my company does... We hire 2-5 interns per site to work for the summer...(and they are PAID)...to learn the business...And if they're good, they get offered a position that pays even better.

Sounds like a government contractor....interns are required to be paid.

19 Mar 2011 08:29 #17 by Rick

LadyJazzer wrote:

Well that's great, but where would the HP be if not for all the free help they get? And now that they are married to a BIG EVIL CORPORATION, isn't it time to throw some peanuts at those who have kept the rag alive? Naw, just wait for more free help and keep stuffing Ariannas pockets. And you people bitch about greedy CEOs rofllol

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

19 Mar 2011 08:35 #18 by LadyJazzer
I'm glad to see you've become such a UNION supporter... It's about time.

19 Mar 2011 08:40 #19 by outdoor338
LJ and a big glass of :Koolaid:

19 Mar 2011 09:18 #20 by Rick

LadyJazzer wrote: I'm glad to see you've become such a UNION supporter... It's about time.

I have no problem with PRIVATE unions, they don't require money from my pocket.... and I don't have to buy from companies like GM who's products were inferior because of their overpaid union workforce.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.165 seconds