Obama: US launches military action against Libya

20 Mar 2011 12:01 #21 by deltamrey
"What they should have done is sent a black op into Libya to shoot Gaddafi and his closest generals in the head. China is not the least bit happy about the World's decision to intervene in Libya and if they want to really put the squeeze on us all they have to do is announce they will no longer prop up the debt-ridden US economy.

"I'm amazed North Korea hasn't pulled a stunt with Japan on the ropes right now. They must be putting some sort of sedatives in that sawed-off, nut job's Wheaties.

"Any wagers on how long it takes for someone in the World community to blame the U.S. for all of this? Somehow this will be spun into OUR fault that Gaddafi was slaughtering his people. This, like many other endeavors we undertake, will be thankless work and in the end our Nation will be made a villain."

Ask how the Libyan "rebels" are armed and supplied".......not internally you can bet your bippy. HIGH probability CIA/SPECFOR and contractors are deeply involved. Journalists should really stay clear for a while (stray bullets are often messengers no one wants to see).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Mar 2011 14:52 #22 by Surveyor
This might appear to be a skirmish to some, but we are spread very thin and our own generals do not want to be involved on the ground in Libya. We may well have already begun to see WWIII. Tunisia, Egypt, Libya, Iraq, Afghanistan--not counting all the "little" stuff like Iran and N. Korea's nuclear developments.

I'm pretty surprised that either China or N. Korea haven't moved on Japan while it's down, but the U.S. does have significant forces stationed there and that probably protects them to an extent.

20 Mar 2011 15:12 #23 by FredHayek
Ground troops? Who are aiming the laser designators to guide the bombs and cruise missiles? And if American troops aren't doing it, are they training the Libyans who are using them?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

20 Mar 2011 16:55 #24 by Surveyor
I should have specified ground forces, as in military.

I don't doubt that we've had Americans there for many years and probably sent more when this all started to break--not necessarily military.

As it is, the action was a coalition of us, the Brits and surprisingly, the French who actually flew in a bombed Gaddafi's troops in the East. Sounds from the news article that while we, the U.S., aren't too interested in openly taking sides, the French want to outright overthrow Gaddafi. Maybe they are doing the ground support & training? :biggrin:

20 Mar 2011 18:01 #25 by lionshead2010
It makes sense for the French to take a leadership role in this along with their European brothers. For them or the Italians, this is essentially in their back yard so both countries have an interest in the outcome. The Brits are just great team players...I have worked with these guys and they are the best allies America could have. The Germans...well that's another story it seems. There people have had a belly full of Afghanistan.

I think the Europeans can handle this just fine and we should let them.

As for Libya's leader. They will be digging him out of a cockroach infested hidey hole somewhere and stretching his neck. Just like they stretched Saddam Hussain's neck. (remember that tough guy?) Both these clowns were slow learners. Gaddafi is done. He talked a good show but now he is hiding too.

I like the bullet in the head option. I'll buy the box of 9mm shells and load the magazine if they like. What they ought to do when they capture him though is turn him over to the rebels. He won't see another sunrise when they do. :biggrin:

21 Mar 2011 06:36 #26 by outdoor338

21 Mar 2011 08:34 #27 by Mayhem
I can't wait for the Chinese to rescue us from the oppression coming down from washington dc.

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds