Obama: US launches military action against Libya

19 Mar 2011 20:22 #11 by outdoor338
pine..better look long and hard. Just to save you some time, I didn't post it last week. I wonder did you post anything about civilians getting murdered by the nutjob in libya and you were OK with that? Just wondering...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Mar 2011 21:01 #12 by deltamrey
There is little doubt the Great Depression was ended by WWII.....FDR was handed the Depression by Wall Street and he had minimal impact. This time Wall Street handed the world again Depression Redux - BUT this time there will be no WWIII........do not hold out hope a big war based economy will save us again. There are no significant challenges to USA power.......we have to hike up our spoiled panties and lower expectations and get over it.

19 Mar 2011 21:30 #13 by Rick

deltamrey wrote: There is little doubt the Great Depression was ended by WWII.....FDR was handed the Depression by Wall Street and he had minimal impact. This time Wall Street handed the world again Depression Redux - BUT this time there will be no WWIII........do not hold out hope a big war based economy will save us again. There are no significant challenges to USA power.......we have to hike up our spoiled panties and lower expectations and get over it.

:yeahthat:

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

19 Mar 2011 21:43 #14 by Martin Ent Inc
As thin as we are spreading ourselves the wolves are circling at the moment. China could take us with little or no problem.

19 Mar 2011 21:52 #15 by jf1acai
Should we just give up, and fiddle while Rome burns?

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

19 Mar 2011 22:13 #16 by archer

jf1acai wrote: Should we just give up, and fiddle while Rome burns?

I think we already have....we bicker and complain and accuse ......spend our time fighting among ourselves while the country slowly falters......the president can't get anything done because the opposition will do anything to block him, even if they would normally approve of the idea, because it is Obama's idea it is bad, Obama is so concerned about getting his own agenda across he fails to see the big picture, only little snapshots of it, .....the house can't get anything done because they are too busy planning the downfall of Obama and the Democrats to see that there is work to be done, the senate just bickers back and forth because neither side has a real majority. The senate Democrats think they have the edge, but seem to fail in whatever they try, and the Republicans in the senate have yet to produce a plan for anything. Fiddling is exactly what our government is doing and we will all suffer for it. And we the people....we are more interested in scoring points against the opposition than we are in scoring points for our country. We would rather see the other side fail than to see our country win.

Pathetic is what we are.

19 Mar 2011 22:26 #17 by Opus007
I hope they kick the chit out of Libya. They are openly promoting terror and are enemies of any social order. And I really don't give a damn about the politics.

20 Mar 2011 03:08 #18 by deltamrey
There are no wolves - the "Lockheed Martins" love such impressions. Pork Libya - 26 USN warships in Med - including two carriers and several subs (1-4 with 150+ cruise missiles and many SEAL teams) - and this little skirmish is a snack. China is no threat.

20 Mar 2011 08:34 #19 by lionshead2010
What they should have done is sent a black op into Libya to shoot Gaddafi and his closest generals in the head. China is not the least bit happy about the World's decision to intervene in Libya and if they want to really put the squeeze on us all they have to do is announce they will no longer prop up the debt-ridden US economy.

I'm amazed North Korea hasn't pulled a stunt with Japan on the ropes right now. They must be putting some sort of sedatives in that sawed-off, nut job's Wheaties.

Any wagers on how long it takes for someone in the World community to blame the U.S. for all of this? Somehow this will be spun into OUR fault that Gaddafi was slaughtering his people. This, like many other endeavors we undertake, will be thankless work and in the end our Nation will be made a villain.

20 Mar 2011 09:09 #20 by Rick

lionshead2010 wrote: What they should have done is sent a black op into Libya to shoot Gaddafi and his closest generals in the head. China is not the least bit happy about the World's decision to intervene in Libya and if they want to really put the squeeze on us all they have to do is announce they will no longer prop up the debt-ridden US economy.

I'm amazed North Korea hasn't pulled a stunt with Japan on the ropes right now. They must be putting some sort of sedatives in that sawed-off, nut job's Wheaties.

Any wagers on how long it takes for someone in the World community to blame the U.S. for all of this? Somehow this will be spun into OUR fault that Gaddafi was slaughtering his people. This, like many other endeavors we undertake, will be thankless work and in the end our Nation will be made a villain.

Totally agree.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds