NEED HELP WITH SOME INFO ON PARK COUNTY BOCC

28 Mar 2011 13:31 #1 by navycpo7
dowilby is doing everything he can to get rid of the Park County Service Officer. The PC Service Officer is a very much needed service. She is there to assist Veterans in all kinds of ways. She does one hellva job to.

So I have been doing some checking on things. I need some help with the info though..

1. Rumor has it that the PC Sheriffs office had to go to dowilby house to do a wellness check/bring him to the meetings. He reportedly had missed quite a few meetings. Anyone hear of this.

On Oct 27, 2010 we had a meeting with the BOCC concerning the budget for the Service officer. She requested a small pay raise. Part of her pay comes from the State. After all was pretty much done, tighe and dowilby stated that they did not see a problem with it, along with a few more issues, but it depended on if some of the amendments were voted in or not, they were not and not a damn thing has happened. Now I am hearing the Park County BOCC voted themselves a 6% pay raise. I have no proof of that but that is what I am being told and wonder if anyone out there knows of this.

Another problem I am trying to figure out is why there is no minutes of the meeting held on Oct 27, 2010. Cannot find them anywhere. Maybe I am just looking in the wrong place.

If anyone can help with this please let me know. I did not vote for this idiot, he is clueless along with the other two. They really need to go away. Hell I know how to say NO, so I do not think I would qualify as a Commissioner.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Mar 2011 15:48 #2 by AV8OR
Chief,

I have searched for the October 27, 2010 minutes and have been unsucessful. I went further and have discovered that minutes for Wednesday meetings, in which the BOCC appear, do not seem to be available for public inspection - on the county website.

Referencing the rumor of the BOCC voting in a raise... I believe the BOCC compensation is set by state statue and accordingly, the BOCC could not vote on this matter..

I can not comment on the "Dowaliby" rumor.

It is a shame to hear the lack of appreciation for our Veterans as displayed by the BOCC.

16 Apr 2011 13:03 #3 by youngfogey
It's correct that the pay for all elected officials is written out in the law and can only be increased by the legislature. Any pay they take beyond that is against the law. The elected people can't get a raise by their own vote. Their directors and other employees can be voted a raise, though. Do the employees all keep their total raises themselves? Don't know.

20 Apr 2011 18:36 #4 by 2wlady
If this is indeed true, start writing to the BOCC and show up at their board meetings and speak up during patron comments. Just posting on 285bound or the other site is not going to get you very far.

To be heard, you have to be there. I've had to take time off from work to go to several meetings. I ought to put in a voucher for per diem, travel and lost wages.

22 Apr 2011 09:52 #5 by youngfogey
2wlady, if you think the county is going to pay your expenses, watch out. If you apply for expenses, they will start cancelling things on their agenda after you get there just to waste your time and money. It's a great lawyer's trick for court to cost the other side legal fees for wasted trips and make them give up. I've seen defense lawyers do it. What do defense lawyers have in common with certain county attorneys? I'll leave that to the imagination.

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to go. That's more than a lot of people bother doing.

22 Apr 2011 10:08 #6 by 2wlady
That was sarcasm. lol

22 Apr 2011 12:29 #7 by youngfogey

2wlady wrote: That was sarcasm. lol

:scared: :biggrin:

Time to create page: 0.155 seconds