BWO - black lab/chow mix - Richmond Hill - NOW SAFELY HOME!

02 Jun 2011 19:31 - 03 Jun 2011 19:43 #1 by Local_Historian
He's safe at his home now - see my post below for more details.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 Jun 2011 20:00 #2 by Local_Historian
Edit - heard from Officer Riddle, got the dogs all settled out - the kids have already named this stray dog - lol !

However, if he has a loving home, let us know. We'll be making the decision to keep him til he gets home or having him go to the shelter in the morning.

03 Jun 2011 09:17 #3 by 285critters bff
I have sent this to my contacts also to see if anyone has called him in.

03 Jun 2011 15:57 #4 by Local_Historian
Thanks 285critters.

Animal control came by, her sensor first showed that he had an encrypted chip, and when she reset it, it showed no chip at all. Got a response from a woman who said she saw a craigslist listing from people whose older dog jumped out of their truck a while back, but she cannot find the listing now. So hopefully they see my listing.

In the meantime, he seems happy here.

03 Jun 2011 18:52 #5 by TPP
Just saw the dog at the 285 grill, not more thyan 20minutes ago. Wouldn't come to us, got scared and barked...

03 Jun 2011 18:54 #6 by TPP
For Sure triple checked the picture... Time now is 18:54

03 Jun 2011 19:42 #7 by Local_Historian
Actually, Tpp- you didn't. What you saw was another larger, furrier, younger black dog, playing with a golden lab. I know, because the dog above - Buster- did not leave my house until 7:02 pm, and was reunited with his owner at 7:15pm, in same parking lot. Buster went from my car to his owner's car. As we stood talking, we saw those other two pop out from behind the 285 Grill.

Sorry, I don't let dogs in my care run willy nilly if I can help it.

Now, for the rest of the story: The beagle is named Max and is an escape artist. What he is wearing is a collar extension in hopes of keeping him from getting out of the fence. But, sometimes he chews through the fence, quite literally and gets away. This round of escape was teenageritis - a door was not closed, dogs took advantage and out they went, as dogs will do. The red dog the beagle was with today is from the same family. Said teenagers are in trouble.

So, if you see these dogs in the future out and about, please let me know- I have the owner's number and will let him know asap.

Note, the lab pictured above is a bit deaf, going a bit blind, so its not surprising the highway confused him. be kind to him if you find him in the future - he's a very old, very good dog.

Thanks for all the help everywhere!

03 Jun 2011 21:24 #8 by pacamom
Thanks for taking care of him.

04 Jun 2011 07:31 #9 by TPP
No worries, rather safe than sorry...

Time to create page: 0.145 seconds