Stella and Trixie

10 Jun 2011 21:12 #1 by serenity
Stella and Trixie was created by serenity
It's such a longgggggggggggggggggggg story - so I'll just post pics - they are separate pics since Stella does not yet get along with Trixie. Stella is a year old - Trixie is 11 months.

Trixie

Stella
Check out the "other" site - I'm having a brain fart trying to post this pic!

Love & hugs,

serenity

To err is human, to forgive is canine~

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Jun 2011 21:53 #2 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Stella and Trixie
She's cute! Are they your new kitties serenity?

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

11 Jun 2011 06:30 #3 by serenity
Replied by serenity on topic Stella and Trixie
They are! I was not doing well "kitless." So far, they are adjusting to one another. The 11 week old is so much more kitty than the one year old! Amazing! A lot of zipping around going on. Moose, the pug, has planted a couple of protestation poops, but he'll get over it. Everything will take a bit of time. Hope Sammy's doing great!

To err is human, to forgive is canine~

11 Jun 2011 08:30 #4 by Wily Fox aka Angela
OK, so here's our Stella... Serenity had really ups and downs with this little one since she got here at the end of May. She spent 2 weeks at the vet, but is home and doing well

and now Trixie....what a bundle! Neptunechimney and Neptunechimneygal can tell you what fun TWO kittens are!

11 Jun 2011 08:31 #5 by Wily Fox aka Angela
a pug named Moose! Only you, Serenity. I can't help it, every time I see a pug, I smile ear to ear... they have to be one of the cutest critters around.

When I first brought home Mojo (he was 3 months) to BooBoo (who was almost 2 years), it was a scene, I tell ya. BooBoo was hissing and growling and snarling and drooling he was so pissed. I put Mojo in his own room for about 2 weeks so they could get used to the others presence. Then I took out my secret weapon, CATNIP and played with them and they forgot they hated one another and started playing.
and they are buds to this day.

11 Jun 2011 23:26 #6 by MellowYellow
Replied by MellowYellow on topic Stella and Trixie
Serenity, Bob said he ran into you at the Rhubarb Fest and mentioned that Trixie was back at IMHS! I'm sorry you didn't give it a tad more time, however, totally understand.......younger kittens ARE a handful at best! Perhaps Stella would take to a little older kitten. Of course, the proper steps still have to be followed in the beginning to get them acquainted (a separate room for awhile usually works). Ang is completely right about the catnip for sure! I could tell you some real "hair raising" stories about cats and not following some kind of intro procedures in the beginning! Of course, it all works out in the long run!

12 Jun 2011 08:57 #7 by Wily Fox aka Angela
there's someone out there for Stella....I just know it

I just remembered another trick. This is usually for when you take one critter to the vet and when you bring them home. I know with my boys, if one goes and comes back with the "vet smell" on him, the other one attacks him when he gets home. To alleviate this, you take a washcloth (dry) and rub down the kitty who stayed home (in your case, Stella) really good to get their smell on it and then take that same washcloth and rub the newly entering kitty with it. Then the existing kitty smells their own smell on them.

Time to create page: 0.151 seconds