Canning Peach Jam

10 Aug 2011 13:59 #1 by CinnamonGirl
Canning Peach Jam was created by CinnamonGirl
Okay, 3 lbs peaches, 1/2 jar of ball pectin 3 C sugar made 7 little half pints of Peach jam. I hope it turns out because this is my christmas presents this year.

Next is frozen corn in butter and cream (freezing) and frozen corn on the cob, strawberry jam, frozen peaches and fresh peach jam (frozen), sliced peaches in jars, crab apple jelly and my neighbor has plums we are going to try jam with that I think.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Aug 2011 17:02 #2 by noneya BIZ
Replied by noneya BIZ on topic Canning Peach Jam
My CG you sure a "BUSY" one already...

10 Aug 2011 22:20 #3 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Canning Peach Jam
I needed a break and canning was it for me today. I had some fun. My friends in the midwest on a farm made me corn that they froze over the winter. It was great and I am thinking of making it too. 50 ears of corn cut into kernels 1 pint half and half and 1 stick butter cook for an hour at 350 and freeze. I will most likely cut it to one third recipe. It was really good. I might do that or I have just cooked corn on the cob for about 6 minutes and freeze that. Not quite as good as fresh but in the middle of the winter it is nice to have corn on the cob.

I am planning lots of apple and pear stuff in the fall. It is alot of fun but I made a big mess.

12 Aug 2011 11:14 #4 by AspenValley
Replied by AspenValley on topic Canning Peach Jam
Sounds delish!

12 Aug 2011 15:19 #5 by MamaRama
Replied by MamaRama on topic Canning Peach Jam
CG, when I freeze eared corn i don't even bother to blanche it, i simply take off some of the excess green sleve and hair, put it into the food saver bags, suck the air out and it goes to the freezer..Much quicker for me... I do the creamed corn real similar to yours... OH YUMMY!!!!

22 Aug 2011 13:50 #6 by MamaRama
Replied by MamaRama on topic Canning Peach Jam
Just an FYI. Young's Market on 44th. between Kipling and Wads. has excellent cucs for canning this year.. $24.00/$26.00 per 1/2 buschel. These are some of the best I've used in 3 or 4 years!!

22 Aug 2011 14:07 #7 by CinnamonGirl
I will tell you what, I was at kings yesterday. the palisade peaches are awesome. They even have fuzz. And I bought 4 for $5 on the organic raspberries am going to try some jam with those and sliced peaches on the other.

22 Aug 2011 14:08 #8 by CinnamonGirl

MamaRama wrote: Just an FYI. Young's Market on 44th. between Kipling and Wads. has excellent cucs for canning this year.. $24.00/$26.00 per 1/2 buschel. These are some of the best I've used in 3 or 4 years!!

I wish I lived closer, I need some cucumbers.

22 Aug 2011 15:34 #9 by RenegadeCJ
Replied by RenegadeCJ on topic Canning Peach Jam
Plum Jelly tends to be better than the jam....but maybe that is just my old memories. I'd love to find someone who has the large crabapples. Used to make jelly from that as a kid (well, my mom did most of the work). Apricot jelly would be awesome too! We put up 50 jars of pickles a few weeks ago. Can't wait to see how this batch tastes! I agree, the cukes were great this year!

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

22 Aug 2011 16:58 #10 by CinnamonGirl
I have a neighbor that has plums I am going to ask her if I can have them. Do you have a recipe for pickles? Mine is so so.

Time to create page: 0.167 seconds