What is your favorite brand in Western saddles

26 Jun 2010 22:13 #1 by PhoneGeek
My daughter is shopping for saddles, we've been looking at Billy Cook and Dakota. She needs a western trail saddle, with rounded skirt, and light weight would be a plus. What do you think of flex trees?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Jun 2010 17:22 #2 by Neytiri
I really like Circle Y and Tucker saddles. Although I do not have either of these brands, I can tell they are pretty good quality. Good luck to you finding the right saddle for your daughter and your horse. :)

Eywa has heard you... Eywa has heard you!

27 Jun 2010 18:21 #3 by LopingAlong
If you go with Circle Y, check the tree very carefully. Can make horses backs very sore. Circle Y is aware of this and has changed the way they are made, but check the year of manufacture. You can call them directly to ask, or just know that if it's really new (last couple-3 years) or really old (1970.s and before I think) it's ok. They look good, but...

If you want to try a Tucker, let me know and I do know of one for sale that is gorgeous, but they can be heavy and I know with your back that is an issue. This gettin' okd stuff is the pits, isn't it? Not sure if it would fit Trooper, but maybe. I can grab it if you want and if the tree is wide enough, ok?

27 Jun 2010 18:40 #4 by PhoneGeek
I think saddle shopping is worse than car shopping, so many choices and finding one right for the horse and rider is so hard. I know Ashley wants a western brown leather with a round shirt. Its up to me to find the right size :Help:

Time to create page: 0.151 seconds