New Staff at IMHS - Total Turnover?

05 Oct 2011 13:00 #1 by CinnamonGirl
New Staff at IMHS - Total Turnover? was created by CinnamonGirl
http://www.pinecam.com/phpBB2/viewtopic ... sc&start=0

Someone alerted me to this post on PC (I rarely look there).

Just trying to confirm - apparently there was a total staff turnover (firinigs?) recently following the announcement that the new Surgical Center is being planned at IMHS. I checked their website to see who the new staff are, but only an Officer Manager is listed - someone whose name I do not recognize, though she may or may not be new to the organization. What happened to the Director and the other people who were there?

Whatever the answer, I wish them the best. They are good people.

Here is your chance to discuss it if you wish. I am amazed the thing is still up.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Oct 2011 13:58 #2 by Mtn Gramma
This was posted in the IMHS forum:
http://www.pinecam.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=139360

Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:13 am Post subject: News from the BoD Reply with quote
It is indeed exciting times at IMHS! Over the past several months, there have been several policy changes and initiatives put in place that will help IMHS continue to grow and flourish. Many are cost saving efforts. Here are a few examples:

A complete financial review is in place. Over the past years, as there was no treasurer in place, there have been several paid bookkeepers who were working on the financials. In several instances the bookkeepers used different methods to track things. This resulted in, at times, confusing numbers when trying to evaluate the effectiveness of programs. The new treasurer has been working with the accountant to ensure that all programs are tracked correctly as well as providing bookkeeping services on a volunteer basis resulting in a large cost savings.

The euthanasia policy was reviewed and rewritten to be more detailed. This was a primary concern for many of the new board members. The IMHS web page has since been changed back to its original wording, which had been removed in January, in regards to the policy of the shelter. Euthanasia will be a last resort under the current board. The page can be seen here: http://imhs.org/adoptions-noKillPolicy.html

The board has re-dedicated itself to helping community animals first. Since December of 2010, Park County Animal Control (PCAC) has been shuttling all dogs to Buena Vista and Summit County and not using IMHS. A new policy is in place at IMHS that indicates that community animals will always come first. When there is still available cage space and foster home space we will continue to transfer animals from other shelters including the popular puppy train. PCAC will now be bringing dogs to IMHS and the staff is aware that we will do everything in our power to help those animals in the community first and foremost.

A new software program has been put in place to better track animals, adopters and foster homes. This software, while still being implemented, is a freeware program and replaces a paid program that cost in excess of 1K per year for support, for several years, and had not yet been implemented. When fully implemented, it will provide easier access to records as well as less administration costs.

Plans are in place for a surgical suite which will be open by the end of the year. This suite will save IMHS in excess of 15K per year by allowing us to perform all sterlizations in house instead of out-sourcing. We will also be able to perform dental care and other minor surgical procedures which will result in the animals entrusted to our care to going to their forever homes healthier and happier.

We have verbal agreements with several local veterinary clinics to provide other services free of charge or at drastically reduced rates.

We have added a news section to our website on which we post all of the meeting minutes ( http://imhs.org/news.html ).

We have begun to provide regular member newsletters and volunteer newsletters, via email, to keep people abreast of many of the changes and news from IMHS.

There are many other smaller initiatives that have been put in place or are in progress. I commit to you that I will keep you up to date on these via our website, newsletters and here on the local websites.

Regards,
Steve Kelsey, President
Intermountain Humane Society

I am continually amazed at Mr. Kelsey's ability to be articulate and polite in the face of some of the comments by some PC posters.

05 Oct 2011 21:14 #3 by pacamom
I think it is a very exciting time for IMHS. The changes and plans that Steve has outlined look like a great start.

05 Oct 2011 21:18 #4 by HappyCamper
Paca it's all your fault lol tongue: :wave: :bash

Just kidding good luck at your new job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

05 Oct 2011 21:32 #5 by Hoot Owl

Mtn Gramma wrote: I am continually amazed at Mr. Kelsey's ability to be articulate and polite in the face of some of the comments by some PC posters.

He is quite articulate and sounds like he has a good plan. They have a good vision. I applaud Mr Kelsey, the other board members, staff and voluteers, for taking on such a challenge and responsibility.

Time to create page: 0.148 seconds