Question About Wandcrest............?

26 Oct 2011 18:11 - 26 Oct 2011 18:53 #1 by MichiganGal
I want to know why they do not allow horses in the Wand Crest Subdivision. Now I say "Subdivision" because that is what it is refereed to as but short from the cluster of smaller homes up the road there seems to be homes with adequate room for a horse, along with grazing areas. I just dont understand because while we were driving around up the mountain there were horses crumbed on hills, shake footing in real small areas. Where around you there seems to be level ground and grass. Is this a county regulation or one made up by an association because I find it hard to believe that an area that was settled so long ago would ban horses.

Never Say Never

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Oct 2011 18:16 #2 by Blazer Bob
Sorry Jill, I should have corrected that in my e-mail. It is Wandcrest.

26 Oct 2011 18:54 #3 by MichiganGal

neptunechimney wrote: Sorry Jill, I should have corrected that in my e-mail. It is Wandcrest.

Thanks Bob for keeping me straight!

Never Say Never

26 Oct 2011 19:20 #4 by noneya BIZ
Doesn't it (no horses) have something to do with your well??

26 Oct 2011 20:34 #5 by pacamom
I don't think it has to do with wells. It has to do with zoning. If the people who developed the subdivision didn't want horses then they would file that with the county. You can have horses in some places if you bring in your own water. (parts of woodside are like this)

That's why I like where I live. I can do anything.

27 Oct 2011 06:08 #6 by homeagain
It is my understanding that a "domestic well" is needed for keeping horses,livestock,ect. (otherwise water has to be transported in).....
in real estate terms (someone correct me if I am wrong) I believe "domestic wells" are hard to come by and may no longer be issued
by the county?)....so those properties that were grand-fathered in are valuable and hard to come by......newer subs probably did not
want the expense of classification of "domestic well" by the counties. If you are not from Colorado,please understand that Colorado is
a SEMI ARID state and water rights/water issues,water tables,aquifers,are a VERY hot issue here. Water is a finite resource and because of that there has ALWAYS been ranching/farming water feuds. The hot button issue is STILL a problem in todays Colorado.

27 Oct 2011 09:16 #7 by MichiganGal
So you have to have a well that will support your live stock or a source of water. Then the issue starts with the county and their zoning of the properties. Part of Wandcrest has a cistern and most larger properties have wells, I can see the the problem with the cistern for sure. Thank you for the information.

Never Say Never

Time to create page: 0.155 seconds