Early Spay/Neuter?

07 Jul 2010 15:04 #1 by LopingAlong
Does anyone have any experiences with spaying/neutering very young puppies? How young is too young? Is it safe for puppies 8 weeks old? Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Jul 2010 15:10 #2 by RenegadeCJ
Replied by RenegadeCJ on topic Early Spay/Neuter?
We got a 8 wk old puppy from DDFL years ago, and she was part of an "early spay/neuter". We couldn't take her until they did it (I guess some idiots never come back, if they let them out the door with the pup). No problems, although she had hip displasia. I doubt that had anything to do with it, but figured I would relay my experience.

Wonderful puppy though, and no other health issues.

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

07 Jul 2010 15:16 #3 by LopingAlong
Replied by LopingAlong on topic Early Spay/Neuter?
Thanks, RCJ! Good to hear and no, the hip displasia has nothing to do with spaying I don't think.

07 Jul 2010 15:36 #4 by spaytoday
Replied by spaytoday on topic Early Spay/Neuter?
Puppies (and kittens) can be safely spayed/neutered as early as 2 months of age.
SpayToday in Lakewood, offers low-cost services to allow everyone to have their pets "fixed" in order to prevent accidental litters and overcrowding of area animal shelters.
We offer a "5 Saves Lives" discount for cats/dogs 5 months and under.

Dog spay (under 60 lbs) = $70
Dog spay (over 60 lbs) = $120
Dog neuter (any size) = $70
Cats (either sex) = $40
Rabbits (either sex) = $75

July is the Testicle Festival! Take $10 off the neuter (Males only) or pay the regular price and get vaccines at no charge.

303-984-7729
[url=http://www.spay2day.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]www.spay2day.org[/url]

Time to create page: 0.145 seconds