Mountain Area Beekeepers Club Starting!

23 Jan 2012 12:37 #1 by Debeeze
ATTN: Mountain Beekeepers AND "WannaBees"
Beekeeping above 7000' has challenges and rewards that the Flatlanders don't experience. We'd like to get together, share our unique situations, and help each other and the girls.
On Feb 7, there will be a meeting about starting a club for all interested current and future Beekeepers.

Meeting is at 7:00PM at Conifer Community Park on Foxton Road.
If you need more info - PM me or call 303-718-2707. (if no answer, leave message).
BEE There!

Report this post

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Jan 2012 19:19 #2 by Arlen
Are you willing to insist upon (require) bearproofing the beehives?

26 Feb 2012 16:40 #3 by Debeeze

Arlen wrote: Are you willing to insist upon (require) bearproofing the beehives?

We in the club can't require others to do anything, but we can suggest it and offer information on how to protect their hives (and the bears). Our last meeting included a lot of discussion on fences and help from the DOW.

Our next meeting is March 13 @ 7PM. Conifer Community Park @Beaver Ranch If you are a beekeeper, know a beekeeper or want to be a beekeeper, join us!
Our discussion will be about equipment and woodware. We will be making a bulk order later in March, so if you need some items, save yourself a trip down the hill!

26 Feb 2012 17:26 #4 by ScienceChic
Thank you for the update Debeeze! It seems like the bears could pose a significant issue, both for you and for them. The meeting has been added to our calendar, and if any changes occur, please do let us all know. I know I'm very interested in anyone making homemade mountain honey! :)

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.126 seconds