BWO 3/7 - Lost Red Haired Chow Mix in Conifer Meadows area

08 Mar 2012 16:24 #1 by Keshley
On 3/7 around 4 pm, Calvin, my 50lbs red-haired Chow mix took off with his retractable leash from his home on Broken Arrow Dr (Conifer Meadows area). He either got his leash stuck on something somewhere in the woods or roaming within the Conifer Meadows area and Pleasant Park. His collar (if he still has it with him) has our information on it, address and phone number. If he manage to take it off then he will have no collar.

His characteristics are mostly red hair, with dark brown/black on the tip of his tail. He also has black patches on his tongue. He is very shy and when he's unsure/nervous, he will lick his snout repetitively and make "chapping" sound. This is a sign of submission, not aggression.

If you saw Calvin or found him, please contact me at 720-272-5240 or 303-601-5804. He has hip dysplasia on both sides, so we are very worried with the freezing weather last night and this morning.

Thanks!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Mar 2012 07:29 #2 by CC
Hope you find your pup. I will be out in that area today and will keep a lookout for him.

09 Mar 2012 07:37 #3 by Keshley
Calvin came home last night at 11:42 pm with a little bit left of his leash. It looks like his leash got stuck so he was trapped outside all this time. That little piece was still wet when he got home so he just finished chewing it off before he went straight home. What a journey for him and I am glad that he's smart enough to think of a way to get himself out from a situation and finding his way home all by himself.

Now I need to take down all the posters. A good problem to have. :-)

09 Mar 2012 11:16 #4 by CC
yes it is. so happy that your best buddy is home safe.

Time to create page: 0.127 seconds