Can anyone help Simka out?

07 May 2012 10:37 #1 by pound dog mom

I am posting this because so far the requestor has not had any response for this girl! EAPL is full so I thought I would try to reach out to the community. If you can help her - see the contact info below.

I want to share more information about where she is. She is in a SMALL town that has NO POLICE, NO VET, NO ANIMAL CONTROL, NO GROCERY STORE... nothing really! The people basicallly answer to no one and animals are not taken care of well. There are puppies all over loose and it is very sad. Simka literally has NO HOPE for anything other than a terrible life on a chain if she isn't rescued. She will certainly end up pregnant. Her owner used to bring her in when she went into heat, I am told, but now that he is gone, she will just be outside during those times. Her only hope is finding a rescue to give her a chance at a new life.
I know someone fairly close to Bogard who would be willing to go get her and help get her into a vet for vetting IF there is a rescue willing to take her. PLEASE circulate this email to reputable rescues and let's get this girl started on her new life.

Simka is a beautiful husky/shepherd mix girl who is 5-6 years old. She has lived her whole life on a chain and her owner just recently died. She is being fed/watered by a neighbor but she is out in rural MO in Bogard, MO, in the country on a line. She is not yet spayed I am told and other neighbor dogs come to visit her. She gets along fine with them. She is friendly with people she knows but can be a little leery of strangers at first. You can see in the pic she can be a loving, happy girl! Can anyone please help this dog get somewhere safe and off a chain?

If you can help, please email me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.138 seconds