Woodstove/Fireplace/Chimney/Dryer Vent Questions

24 Jun 2012 09:27 #1 by Steve-o
Do you have questions about your wood stove, fireplace, pellet stove, chimney or dryer vent? Post them here.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Jun 2012 10:35 #2 by Blazer Bob
My dryer is taking longer to dry cloths. Is it the dryer or could it be the vent?

24 Jun 2012 12:28 #3 by Steve-o
It is most likely the vent. Several years ago, I experienced this same problem. My dryer was old and I just assumed that the heating element was not working as well as it used to. Upon investigation I found that my dryer vent was partially clogged and causing the inefficiency. Once the vent was properly cleaned my clothes were drying in half the time. Not only was I saving quite a bit of energy, I was, it turns out, pretty lucky. Clothes dryer fires account for 15,600 structure fires, 15 deaths, and 400 injuries annually. That is a staggering statistic. In many of todays homes the clothes dryer vent is located a greater distance from the appliance causing more places for lint build-up to occur. Regular household vacuums do not have enough power to remove this debris and lint build-up. A chimney professional can help you to ensure your dryer system is free from clogs and lint build-up by using high velocity blowers and specialty brushes to reach through your entire venting system. The Chimney Safety Institute of America recommends that you have dryer vent inspection done on an annual basis to ensure efficient operation of your clothes dryer system.

Time to create page: 0.132 seconds