Canning - Let's see what you got!

04 Sep 2012 09:42 #1 by ScienceChic
This was our weekend:

Not enough...

Spaghetti Sauce, Italian Stewed Tomatoes, & Diced Tomatoes

Dill Pickles, Garlic Dill Pickles, Hot Bread & Butter Pickles, & Hot Peppers & Pickles (our own mish-mash recipe with leftover bell peppers, jalapenos, garlic, and cucumbers)

Last month we did raspberry jam, raspberry-peach jam, and peach chutney (bottom shelf of pic above). If any of this sounds good, you can bid on the baskets that I'm donating for the IMHS Silent Auction Oct 20th! :wink:

Alright, let's see yours! :sunshine:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Sep 2012 14:20 #2 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Canning - Let's see what you got!
I could not find any cucumbers near me this year so no pickles. But I will try to post some of the plum preserves, Canned plums and pears and strawberry preserves. I am going to be canning lots of apples this year.

I may try Salsa this year too.

04 Sep 2012 14:28 #3 by ScienceChic
There weren't any roma tomatoes at the Farmer's market we went to, so we're going to do salsa another weekend. Beefsteak tomatoes make the salsa too runny (we like it thick and chunky), but are perfect for spaghetti sauce and stewed tomatoes!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.161 seconds