Problem wondering if anyone can give me advice.

12 Jan 2013 21:02 #1 by CinnamonGirl
There is a cat that has hung around this area recently and I started worrying that he/she has no home. So, I have been feeding him. He just came to my door to eat food a few minutes ago and for me this confirms that he does not have a home. It is so cold out. I tried to get him to come in (he looks just like my other kitty who died two years ago) he would not come to me. Is there anything I can put out there tonight in this sub zero weather that would warm him up? It is so sad to see him out there in this cold weather. '

Any ideas are appreciated .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Jan 2013 21:17 #2 by archer
Chances are he has a place he goes to curl up in when it's cold. We had a stray that stayed around like yours and would eat what we put out for him but not allow us to approach him. We did find out eventually he was sleeping under our front deck that is only about 9" off the ground, he had made a nest under there up close to the foundation. We tried putting a cardboard box out for him on it's side with an old blanket, but he never would use it.

12 Jan 2013 21:33 #3 by Blazer Bob

CinnamonGirl wrote: Is there anything I can put out there tonight in this sub zero weather that would warm him up? It is so sad to see him out there in this cold weather. '

A light bulb.

12 Jan 2013 21:36 #4 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Problem wondering if anyone can give me advice.

Blazer Bob wrote:

CinnamonGirl wrote: Is there anything I can put out there tonight in this sub zero weather that would warm him up? It is so sad to see him out there in this cold weather. '

A light bulb.

Serious? I had a friend that used a heating pad in a dog house but I don't have that. Seems like a fire hazard. How would I use a lightbulb?

12 Jan 2013 21:48 #5 by Blazer Bob

CinnamonGirl wrote:

Blazer Bob wrote:

A light bulb.

Serious? I had a friend that used a heating pad in a dog house but I don't have that. Seems like a fire hazard. How would I use a lightbulb?

Serious. My in laws in Denver had a cat for 21 years that never spent a night inside. Given the time and temp. I would run an extension cord and suspend it somewhere sheltered, not in contact with leaves etc. with a place close to curl/nest and a lamp shade or something else to cut down glare.

Time to create page: 0.126 seconds