Loopy idea?

01 Aug 2010 17:45 #1 by dummy up
Loopy idea? was created by dummy up
Why not make selling dogs and cats illegal. Make spay and neuter mandatory and only charge large fees to breed.We spend billions on this issue.Is it time for a radical approach.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 Aug 2010 14:49 #2 by pound dog mom
Replied by pound dog mom on topic Loopy idea?
I would get behind that idea! It is so sad everyday to see and hear about so many unwanted pets. Every time I see litters for sale, I think about all the shelter dogs/cats that just lost their chance to be adopted.

02 Aug 2010 19:47 #3 by benri
Replied by benri on topic Loopy idea?
DU, I agree with you and PD Mom you are so right shelter dogs & cats compete with the "for sale litters". Why is the system backwards? Is the $$$$ pet industry powerful enough to change this or block it?

05 Aug 2010 10:09 #4 by Neytiri
Replied by Neytiri on topic Loopy idea?

Dummy Up wrote: Why not make selling dogs and cats illegal.

Why stop at dogs and cats? Make selling horses illegal too. The problem is really more wide spread than just dogs and cats. People are the real problem here. Not only that, but during economic crisis when people are struggling to pay bills and keep food on the table, there is not enough help for those raising animals. Makes me wonder if we should have ever domesticated anything. The animals would probably have been better off without us from the very beginning.

Eywa has heard you... Eywa has heard you!

08 Aug 2010 12:48 #5 by LopingAlong
Replied by LopingAlong on topic Loopy idea?
In some countries, breeding of animals is regulated. This helps the number and the quality of animals being bred. I so on the fence about it though--yet another government regulation telling us what we can and can't do. The other question I have, is the business part of shelters. How come so many animals are coming from out of state? Do we not have enough need of our own that we must import cats and dogs to be adopted? It's a money thing, I know it is, I'm just now sure of how it works. Something about shelters working together increasing revenue? Like the Katrina dogs that were shopped to every state...how could their real owners ever hope to find them if they wanted? So many questions, and I have no answers.
BTW, if anyone is wanting a puppy, contact me ASAP!

Time to create page: 0.140 seconds