Mushrooms

15 Jul 2013 19:41 #1 by mountaindollar
Mushrooms was created by mountaindollar
With all the moisture the shrooms are really coming out please remember if you have pets that many are toxic.

One of our guys ate one 3 years ago and we almost lost him not to mention the big vet bill!!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Jul 2013 19:57 #2 by otisptoadwater
Replied by otisptoadwater on topic Mushrooms
Good tip and a good reason to spend time with your pups early on to train them, "leave it" is a great command to teach but it can be a hard one to enforce. Over the years I have found that dogs love to be acknowledged and many are food motivated so saying the dog's name, then the command "leave it" and then offering praise and a food reward will get the desired result. Not every pup will respond to that training method but I find it works more often than not.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

15 Jul 2013 20:34 #3 by mountaindollar
Replied by mountaindollar on topic Mushrooms

otisptoadwater wrote: Good tip and a good reason to spend time with your pups early on to train them, "leave it" is a great command to teach but it can be a hard one to enforce. Over the years I have found that dogs love to be acknowledged and many are food motivated so saying the dog's name, then the command "leave it" and then offering praise and a food reward will get the desired result. Not every pup will respond to that training method but I find it works more often than not.

Great information, our guys have over an acre to run and when I get home this time of year I walk all of it to make sure there are no mushrooms.

I still find it amazing how quick mushrooms grow. I will say that we have fewer each year in the "dog zone" since we have been pulling them up but the ones that look like button mushrooms seem to appear most often.

The mushrooms that are brown, yellow and red in color we see rarely in the "dog zone" since we have been pulling them up. We do not know what kind of mushroom our dog ate but all are bad within their area in our eyes.

15 Jul 2013 20:44 #4 by otisptoadwater
Replied by otisptoadwater on topic Mushrooms
The other thing to do is spray the shrooms with burnt amber or other anti-chew products. If you're not home it's hard to keep the mutts from doing what they do, making things smell and taste bad goes a long way toward keeping pups safe.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

16 Jul 2013 06:58 #5 by mountaindollar
Replied by mountaindollar on topic Mushrooms
Dogs are only out when we are home thankfully.

Time to create page: 0.131 seconds