Temp Dropping

08 Sep 2013 18:40 #1 by mountaindollar
Temp Dropping was created by mountaindollar
With the temp expected to drop over the next few days I spent today making room for as many of my veggies that are in containers to fit in the greenhouse.

It is a jungle in there and the walk way is full but still hope to have the tomatoes ripen.

There was not room for the herbs in the bigger containers so I cut them today and they are drying some on the counter some in the dehydrator.

Crazy year for gardening but I am hoping for an Indian Summer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Sep 2013 19:20 #2 by otisptoadwater
Replied by otisptoadwater on topic Temp Dropping
Congrats to you for a successful growing season in a challenging year! Sounds like you did very well all things considered.

Don't hate me for saying so (or do, I can take it) but I'm ready for some SNOW! I want to get up in the morning, look out my bedroom window and realize that I'm not going anywhere because there's multiple feet of snow on the ground! No phone call to let the boss know I'm not coming in, no need because he won't be there either! Just enough to close down the roads, schools, and towns for a couple of days and enjoy the time off while no one goes any farther than they can hoof it or ride an ATV or snow machine. Of course the power will stay on and everyone will have stocked up on possibles to last out a few days... Fingers crossed for SNOW soon!

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

08 Sep 2013 19:38 #3 by mountaindollar
Replied by mountaindollar on topic Temp Dropping
I love the snow but would like the tomatoes to ripen first.

It was a tough year for the garden between the late freezes, hail and lower temps.

I garden because it relaxes me, glad here at 8800 feet I do not have to depend on it to feed me as there are good years and bad.

On a good note we finished splitting wood this weekend so should the snow come we are set.

09 Sep 2013 07:52 #4 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Temp Dropping
70's in Denver all week. It will be cold up here.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.119 seconds